Gibson Brands Forums

Why the Dove is NOT a Bird

E-minor7

This splendid sounding Dove shows us how the Dove differs from the (of course also attractive) Hummingbird.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       It has for some reason another kind of 'room' and therefor projection. Especially heard in the bass, , , and not least from 3:22 when the F-picking starts. 

Simply so much Gibson in this guitar. 

• Like 2

When is a Dove not a Dove? When it is played as skillfully as that. 'Had to grab a guitar to see (just into the 3rd minute), as I was sure it was another case of "I can't hear the true nature of the guitar, 'cause it's in an alt tuning". Not the case here. Yes, the sound had "Gibson" written all over it, but personally, that sound was more about the guitar's operator. Glad to see the Dove lend a hand.

Very talented player.... and blessed with "guitar hands".   My thumb simply isn't long enough to do what he does!

Love the sound of the Dove....Love the sound of both mine, but I can't to what this guy does!

Still not fond of the 'red' back & sides on this guitar.

That Dove sounds wonderful and of course the player's ability helps a lot.  I just sold a sort of redundant rosewood/spruce that I didn't play much and have been thinking about something in maple.  I'd love a Dove, but my old hands don't get along with long scale so well anymore.  Maybe a maple 185 with the shorter scale?  Or maybe I should just work on playing better with what I have in the stable.