Gibson Brands Forums

Kemper Profiler

Dub-T-123

I’ve been looking at options for practicing/recording at low/silent levels at home and for a while I was looking at getting the Universal Audio Ox. The Ox is cool because it works with amps that I have, but the Kemper is potentially cooler because it works like amps that I don’t have. 

Another big thing is that with the Ox, I need to set up my amp, computer, and the Ox just to get playing. With the Kemper I can potentially just plug in my guitar and headphones and get playing right away. 

these things are similarly priced but the Kemper seems much more powerful and better suited to what I’d like to do.

I’m curious if anyone here has converted to the Kemper and what they have to say about it? I have yet to try a digital amp that thrilled me but the Kemper seems to have a lot of fans. I’m not sure I’d use the “profiling” aspect of it but I’m interested in the amp models since they seem to sound good

I was offered the use of one in a studio session a couple of years ago. I declined but kicked myself afterwards. It could have been a useful experience. The interesting part of it is its ability to 'learn' (as you say profile) an amp sound from your own rig. So it might be easier to gig for a lot of players with heavier kit. 

As for the onboard amp sounds, yes they sound great. 

I've used it to record.  It's pretty amazing for a user.  If you are going to mastermind the thing that's another learning curve and time spent.  I could see getting one if I was all the time recording.

rct

• Confused 1