Gibson Brands Forums

HELP!!!!!!!

Madguitarist78

This weekend I played in a lacrosse tournament.... During the last game I went in to shoot and the defense mans stick caught my thumb and pulled it back.... I thought that I simply jammed it and I would be fine..... Ten miunets later and I wanted to cut it off!!!!

I thought that I could still play guitar but it swelled too badly. I took it to the doctor and...

007.jpg

I "Seriously fractured my metacarpel bone"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#-o #-o ](*,)

After all of the "OH S:-# :-# T's!!!!!!!!!" I began to wonder about my guitar playing...

:-k

My band has a gig on the 16th and the doctor said I might be getting a splint by then and could play..=D>

Any advice to try to keep my muscles in my hand and fingers from deteoriating while in the cast???

Do you think that I sould use my LP with the 60's neck to get back in the groove when this thing comes off??

Much thanks

dude that sucks major gonads

oh well at least it wasnt as bad as mine...

i was inncoently chopping onions for my beef stew and the damn bastard upstairs decided to put the blade right on my left hand's index finger...

i had a gig the next day, oh woe is me.

that was a year ago

i think the rubberband thing will work, try it out

that sucks. i broke both of my arms last year in a bike(cycle) wreck. I had that exact type of cast on my left hand for about a month. It hurt and was pretty much unplayable for that month and then about 2 more afterward because it was so sore and weak.

My advice: Get a lap steel :-

Archived