Gibson Brands Forums

Left Handed Slash Anaconda???

DZA

Gibson guitars are works of art but I've never seen anything more beautiful than the Slash Les Paul Standard Anaconda Burst!

Unfortunately for me and thousands of other lefty's who might want to buy one there is no left handed version, I've asked Gibson and they've said they don't make them.

Considering 10% of guitarists are lefties (including subjectively the 2 greatest ever, both of which have signature Gibson guitars) surely it would be in Gibson's interest to offer left handed versions on new release guitars?

Even Hendrix's 67 SG Custom only comes in a righty which I know he played upside down with all the knobs in the way but that was 50 years ago. He's a left handed guitar god so honour him.

Please Gibson, make a leftie Anaconda Burst along with some other models and show us some leftie love. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DZA said:

Gibson guitars are works of art but I've never seen anything more beautiful than the Slash Les Paul Standard Anaconda Burst!

Unfortunately for me and thousands of other lefty's who might want to buy one there is no left handed version, I've asked Gibson and they've said they don't make them.

Considering 10% of guitarists are lefties (including subjectively the 2 greatest ever, both of which have signature Gibson guitars) surely it would be in Gibson's interest to offer left handed versions on new release guitars?

Even Hendrix's 67 SG Custom only comes in a righty which I know he played upside down with all the knobs in the way but that was 50 years ago. He's a left handed guitar god so honour him.

Please Gibson, make a leftie Anaconda Burst along with some other models and show us some leftie love. 

I wish you luck, bud.

Found some lefties like this one below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114901187035?hash=item1ac0a4f9db:g:u94AAOSwrxVg-GN5

s-l1600.jpg

Or lefty LP search on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=left+handed+les+paul&_sacat=0&_sop=15&rt=nc&Brand=Gibson&_dcat=33034

or Slash Les Paul Standard November Burst Lefty Left handed COA in San Diego

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184881898426?hash=item2b0bd1e3ba:g:b2wAAOSwxbBgwtz5

s-l1600.jpg

A few Slash LP Standards in Japan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265176964217?hash=item3dbdc75c79:g:wt0AAOSwmn5gsYTA

s-l1600.jpg

No Anacondas though...

Edited by mihcmac

On 7/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, DZA said:

Bugger!

So you think they would make a leftie for me in the custom shop? how do I navigate to their

To their what?  [wink]

Y'know,  since the "invasion" of The Beatles, left handed playing wasn't that well known or recognized.  Many left handed guys(like me) learned to play right handed probably because seeing all the other guitarists play that way we felt that was the way it HAD to be played.  Turning the guitar upside down and restringing it never occurred to us.   And for the record, GLEN CAMPBELL was a "lefty" who played right handed too.   In fact, the only left handed guitarist I can now think of who played a guitar designed for left handed play was FRANK REMLEY, guitarist for PHIL HARRIS and JACK BENNY.  But I never became aware of him until recent years.   You can spot him and his guitar in this goofy Jack Benny skit from the early '50's...

You're living in wonderful times.  No longer do left handed people need to turn guitars upside down and restring them (or not) to learn and play guitar.  Being able to buy most any model guitar ready made for left handed players is something long past when they should have been available.  I hope you're successful in your search.

Whitefang