Gibson Brands Forums

New Jack White

Rabs

9 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Cool! Didn't know he was working on new material. I like what you posted so far. Going to have to keep an eye out for this release.

From the blurb under the video.. Seems like he has two quite different albums coming this year...

The Official Video for Jack White’s new single “Taking Me Back” from the upcoming album FEAR OF THE DAWN out April 8, 2022

The Official Video for Jack White’s new single “Love Is Selfish” from the upcoming album ENTERING HEAVEN ALIVE out July 22, 2022.

24 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I'm not usually a fan of this guy,  but the Love is Selfish cut is actually a good tune.

Not sure I have much for the other one,..  

Well he has always done more acoustic/blues/country stuff on his albums as well as the more full on stuff.. I have always liked him.. Not necessarily  all of his music but I like his attitude and he has been around a long time now and done many great things as well as having his own record label..

And some of his other bands

He never wowed me. He seems like he goes out of his way to dress unusual, play garbage guitars, and make music that makes me go . . . huh? And the whole Meg is my sister or maybe my wife or my daughter. What was that all about. Yes we know you were married to her.

My friend loaned me White Blood Cells to listen to. Maybe I should re-think our freindship. Once I got to the song, I Think I Smell A Rat, I had enough. And I never want to hear 7 Nation Army Band ever agin. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He never wowed me. He seems like he goes out of his way to dress unusual, play garbage guitars, and make music that makes me go . . . huh? And the whole Meg is my sister or maybe my wife or my daughter. What was that all about. Yes we know you were married to her.

My friend loaned me White Blood Cells to listen to. Maybe I should re-think our freindship. Once I got to the song I Think I Smell A Rat, I had enough. I never want to hear 7 Nation Army Band ever agin. 

Yeah I agree he has always been a bit arty farty..  Like everything has to be a concept, not that I hold it against him, just not my thang.  I much prefer The Raconteurs where hes part of a full band as such..  The stuff he does under his own name is like 50/50 for me some of it I like some of it I dont.. 

18 hours ago, Rabs said:

Yeah I agree he has always been a bit arty farty..  Like everything has to be a concept, not that I hold it against him, just not my thang.  I much prefer The Raconteurs where hes part of a full band as such..  The stuff he does under his own name is like 50/50 for me some of it I like some of it I dont.. 

That is not my cuppa tea either.

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Being a Michigander, I'm expected to be a fan too.  But he's never wowed me either.

Whitefang

I understand trying to be outside the norm, as Zappa did it his entire career, but he made great music. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper