Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone with vintage Fender expertise (Jaguar)

kidblast

9 minutes ago, kidblast said:

yea it could be..  things are starting to move forward. 

The rebuild parts are arriving and I'm almost ready to start the refinishing work, 

I will be able to do that at a friend of my son's auto body shop.  Who offered to clear coat and buff it out for me too.  

Nice, what parts have you got? I think you said you were going with Sea Foam Green, if I remember right.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice, what parts have you got? I think you said you were going with Sea Foam Green, if I remember right.

yea Chief it's getting there.

Sea Foam Green, already have that on standby 

3 chrome mounting plates and the tremolo assembly,   with the tone and volume knobs are here.

The bridge, trem bar and pick guard (a Fender Mint green one) arrives this week

I ordered the neck and the machine heads today, the wiring harness, and pickups.  I shall be ordering soon.

Once I can confirm all the mount holes line up, (and so far they do) I'll do the final sanding with 1,000 grit and then ready to refinish

With any luck this will be done by the end of next month.  Fingers crossed!  Update photos soon.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Hell yeah, coming along nicely. What pups? You gonna go Fender. You can't go wrong with Lindy's.

thx Cheif.

not quite ready to paint yet, I want to practice a bit on a few small project boards. so far so good..

Pickups.. yea.. not sure yet  fenders are the more affordable,  the duncan and "others" are at least twice as much.  could be money well spent tho. 

12 minutes ago, kidblast said:

thx Cheif.

not quite ready to paint yet, I want to practice a bit on a few small project boards. so far so good..

Pickups.. yea.. not sure yet  fenders are the more affordable,  the duncan and "others" are at least twice as much.  could be money well spent tho. 

I get ya, but do you want affordable for ones that are killer? Call Lindy. He will talk to you personally if you ask for him. I've talked to him several times. He will make what you want, remember you get what you pay for.

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I get ya, but do you want affordable for ones that are killer? Call Lindy. He will talk to you personally if you ask for him. I've talked to him several times. He will make what you want, remember you get what you pay for.

thanks Chief, I may do that.

So far it's been a slow process,  once I get the body finished, I should have everything on hand to start re-assemling

the neck is supposed to arrive today,, but not sure, we're getting hammered with a Nor 'Easter.

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

thanks Chief, I may do that.

So far it's been a slow process,  once I get the body finished, I should have everything on hand to start re-assemling

the neck is supposed to arrive today,, but not sure, we're getting hammered with a Nor 'Easter.

You get an official Fender neck?

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 3:25 PM, Dub-T-123 said:

Looks great so far! That finish must have been a pain to strip

are you using a filler like aqua coat or something before finishing the body?

Just getting back to this now,  wasn't bad Dub,   some 320 grit sanding was most of it.  the contour's were the tricky parts

I  did apply some grain filler I ordered from stew mac, it wasn't easy to work with but it got the job done.

I just had the clear coat applied,

I put the base coat on a few weeks ago,,took some trial and error to find a "Sea foam green" I was liking. 

There's a ton of variations on this color base.  any where from what looks like sonic blue to some thing a bit more "Green" than below.

it's going to setup for a day or so, then the guys at the auto body shop who did the clear coat for me, are going to wet sand and do the final buffing.  I was told all they want is beer money..  wait ? What?  A few cases of ale? can it be this easy???

277764206_10217967504338723_423286265762