Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Neo. Whats Up With New Gun Laws?

Murph

...which are totally unsupported by references. If these statements are true' date=' perhaps the author will take the time to cite the actual facts of the matter including the who, what, when, where and how. Otherwise it is nothing but opinion at best and <fill in the blank> at worst. [/quote']

Okay, tell me a SINGLE word from that quote that is incorrect.

I think you're getting that familiar Liberal pain when somebody hits you between the eyes....

:-)

Does Obama LIKE selling guns?

Have sales gone up?

Does he have a record supporting gun bans?

(If you're silly enough to find an Obama quote supporting gun ownership, post it in full so I can illustrate clearly your error.)

Tell you what, go find his voting record and let's all count together how many votes he missed and how many times he simply voted 'present' to avoid taking a position.

I've already been there and done it, I've seen the numbers.

Don't try to play the middle when fully subscribing to the Left.

"If these statements are true, perhaps the author will take the time to cite the actual facts of the matter including the who, what, when, where and how. Otherwise it is nothing but opinion at best and <fill in the blank> at worst."

Pic

(If you're silly enough to find an Obama quote supporting gun ownership' date=' post it in full so I can illustrate clearly your error.)

[/quote']

In 2006 he sided with gun owners in the Prohibition On Confiscation Of Firearms bill in the Senate. Admittedly this was only a bill to prohibit the use of any funds appropriated in the FY2007 Department of Homeland Security Act from being used to confiscate legal firearms during states of emergency or major disasters. Nonetheless, his yes vote favored gun owners.

The rest of his voting record you portray accurately as anti-gun.

The rest of his voting record you portray accurately as anti-gun.

Nevertheless, show me. Cite details, be specific. And lest we not forget, the President of the United States is not a dictator. Democrats like their firearms just as much as Republicans. For what it's worth, I am neither and never have been.

Pic

Nevertheless' date=' show me. Cite details, be specific. And lest we not forget, the President of the United States is not a dictator. Democrats like their firearms just as much as Republicans. For what it's worth, I am neither and never have been.

Pic [/quote']

Just curious, have you ever used Google?

I hate the whole false "easy to buy at a gun show" thing that keeps getting pushed by all sorts of politicians. Its not, I've tried. Been asked to see my gun card(IL has whats called a FOID card for purchasing guns or ammo), in IND been asked to see my pistol permit when inquiring about buying something a person is walking around with(person not even a dealer, but wants the sale legal anyways)... Dealers in IL at the shows will tell how many days before you can pick it up after making a purchase, and only then if you pass the state mandated background check, yet the news shows always brag how the background check doesn't happen at the shows... all bullsh!t... Now I will admit to knowing two people who got "lucky" at a gun show, one was someone who basically did a legit person to person sale over coffee with a receipt and both parties drivers license numbers on the receipt, the other person is nervous about taking the gun out of the house or even using it for fear of the gun not having a good past based on how it was sold to him.. Its defintely the one sticking point with me about IL, most politicians belonging to that one party in that state are fairly antigun...

It's easy to buy an ax. Lizzy Borden took an ax and did it. It is easy to buy a compound bow -- lady in Orange County was killed with a cross bow -- no noise; wasn't found for days -- never caught the killer (man or woman). It is easy to buy a butcher knife ($10 at grocery store). It is easy to buy a fire place poker. So how many things have to be outlawed in order to keep the stupid idiots who kill FROM killing? Did you ever see one of those 7-11 hold ups on TV? Did any of them have an "assault rifle?" No. Some cheap crappy pistol they stole. (Do you really think they get fingerprinted BEFORE they buy a gun? (Are you nuts?) Do you think they care about the gun charge IF they are robbing 7-11s? No. Do you think ANY of them care about LAWS? Get real. MS13 -- the most dangerous gang on earth. The FBI is afraid of them and so is the LAPD. Nobody is going to take their guns -- not even the army. There are several "street gangs" now that openly defy laws and law enforcement -- they just do not care. This is the 21st century folks. .. maybe they OUGHT to write laws that say banks cannot go bankrupt.. would the banks obey it? Laws-laws-laws -- it only makes a bigger government. (It fixes nothing) (It has always been against the law to kill anyone with anything). Billy the Kid was tried for it.

I hate the whole false "easy to buy at a gun show" thing that keeps getting pushed by all sorts of politicians.

Its not' date=' I've tried. [/quote']

The ONLY way to get a gun from a show without showing ID and jumping thru the hoops is to make a private purchase.

Many gun shows DO NOT allow you to sell anything unless you are a registered vendor.

Some states (Texas, Arizona) allow private citizens to carry in a gun as long as it is checked at the door and the action blocked open. You can then proceed to walk around with a sign advertising what you're selling and try (good luck) to sell it to one of the vendors who have a table there.

I've sold a few guns in such a fashion, and the price was super sky high for the dirtbags who approached me.

The guys I sold to were in possession of their manners, hygiene, and knowledge of the gun.

I wouldn't have talked to them otherwise.

The Liberals (everything has to be fair for everybody...) will love THIS part.

When I sell a gun in my own business, I have the right to refuse service to anyone - for any reason.

I can stop a gun sale at any point in the transaction, and if they get too pissy, the BATFE wants to know about it.

This is not Denny's, I don't give a flying fart if you don't like it, and you can leave when asked - or else.

I will NOT risk my freedom or finances to 'help' somebody get a gun.

Ah, the gun biz is a wonderful thing!

:-)

NeoCon, I almost forgot about this part: "When I sell a gun in my own business, I have the right to refuse service to anyone - for any reason.

I can stop a gun sale at any point in the transaction, and if they get too pissy, the BATF wants to know about it" I used to work at a Kmart in wisconsin that was #1 in sales for that chain. The manager always emphasized that point when talking to us about doing sales, if we didn't feel right about a sale, regardless of why, the BATF says we have right of refusal... One show that I have gone to allowed private sales, but only if they filled out the 4473 at the batf table at the show, don't remember how they handled the waiting period...

I have attended gun shows regularly for 16 years. Because of the constant threat of government disarming us, and my fear that the background check is used to keep tabs on who has the guns just as much as who shouldn't be getting them, I am always on the look out for a "paperless" transaction. It makes me sound like a criminal to a lot of people that know me, to think I intentionally seek out firearms without a paper trail, but the fact is, I've never broken any law doing so.

Now the big kicker, how many times have i actually purchased a firearm without a background check and paper trail? 6

How many were at gun shows? 1, and it was in the parking lot (against the rules, but maybe still not illegal) from a guy I knew.

If you think its so easy to get cash and carry firearms at gun shows... please do so, someday you will be happy you did.

Archived