Gibson Brands Forums

Fuller's J-180 with Star Inlay / Double Pickguards

On 9/4/2022 at 9:39 AM, RBSinTo said:

Apparently only fawning comments from the fans are worthwhile in your opinion.

Oh well......

RBSinTo

RBS -  You forgot the basic lesson - new 21st Century dogma -  Everybody Gets a Trophy !    LIKE  anything anyone posts, or Sit Down and Shut Up.  New definition of the First Amendment (an 18th century artifact in our country.)   

To me, the guitar itself is great, but you do NOT need 2 massive pick guards,    on top of which  a brown pick guard on a black guitar is a Fashion Faux Pax.  They're trying to make a statement, create a visual impact - the very first think your eyes go to is the two  pickguards that look like fenders on a 1940s Packard.  Like  something you'd find in the Gibson Garage Lifestyle Clothing Website.  If you're trying to make the guitar look extra-cool,  pick a pick guard color that pops out.  The brown on black hurts my eyes AND ears.  

And anyone who doesn't think having 3/4 of the top glued to plastic is in denial.  Even Sgt.Pepper can be right sometimes. Like a broken clock - twice a day.  

13 hours ago, Dave F said:

I don't care for Dave Matthews.

I don't care for Zappa.

I don't care for a lot of successful people just because they're successful.

I do believe everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Yep success means nothing to me. I like groups that are considered huge, and groups that barely anyone has heard of. Good music is good music no matter if it sold millions or 10 copies. 

3 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

And anyone who doesn't think having 3/4 of the top glued to plastic is in denial.  Even Sgt.Pepper can be right sometimes. Like a broken clock - twice a day.  

People in Hell just got an ice water break due to you agreeing with again.

In the immortal words of Robert Hunter the Grateful Dead's lyricist Well, I ain't always right, but I've never been wrong.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Raul Rehlmann said:

The Dead needed a lyricist?

Yeah,  two in fact. Jerry wrote with Robert Hunter who died a few years back, and Bob wrote with John Barlow. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hunter_(lyricist)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perry_Barlow

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I guess, since Bozeman produces a bunch of  180s that are tamer looking, they believe throwing a few out there that are significantly different - will snag buyers who would otherwise not buy one.   Like the pink or lime green J45s they produce every now and then.   And, obviously, Martin produces some outrageous looking guitars for that small market niche.  If we all wanted the same exact thing -  we'd all be playing boring looking guitars and driving  ...  white Camry's ?