Gibson Brands Forums

Help needed!

Oxmusic

Well what you may have  ,

would of been a 12 string.  A b25-12.    Some one cut the headstock   Made a new nut. A wide neck ,12 string tailpiece.     Note the crooked headstock decal. 

Edited by slimt

The serial number and owners name in Sharpie written on that stuck on in piece of wood is an extra added Iconic touch.

And the LP truss rod cover let’s you know it’s the standard of all used to be 12 strings.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 minutes ago, rct said:

I would get that handwriting analyzed.  Too many savvy fakers out there.

rct

It takes a special breed, cause not just anyone can write a serial number and their name on a tongue depressor and glue it in a guitar.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

And according to the Pros from Dover a serial number which would place the build date 1973 to 1975.  There are so many features from different periods combined on this guitar the mind wobbles.  Definitely a "who's on first" instrument.

He must have went back in a time machine to buy it. It clearly states on the tongue depressor purchased July 15th, 1970. 
The font is right and everything.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Sorry about that last post.  I actually thought I had deleted it as the serial number also works for 1966.  Makes more sense as that would line up with the bridge, tailpiece, pickguard shape, and cherry burst finish.  As the part of the headstock bearing the serial number was unceremoniously lopped off the added tongue depressor is all that is left to go on.

Edited by zombywoof