Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Fourth of July !

I've shared this before here that when I got COVID the first time, I was Pfizer'ed up - fully inoculated and I only knew that I had it because I mysteriously lost my smell and taste completely - only symptoms.  I have nearly an acre of land and I decided to push mow my lawn to get in some steps to keep heart-healthy as I do at times.  I did this with COVID.  So my first infection was the mildest of mild infections an my smell and taste were completely restored after a week. 

I actually didn't get the 4th booster this time as I was lazy this time around for whatever reason.  I've been working like a madman while keeping up with the kids and getting it this time hasn't been fun.  I feel today I've started to turn the corner a bit.  I was getting a lot of body aches, fever, cold sweats, dry, hot coughs, sleeplessness to boot...  I quit smoking a few years back, so I always worry about this - having to deal with 20+ years of putting poison into my lungs and heart.  I just didn't want to leave my kids fatherless. 

All that aside, derailed this thread with COVID talk, but it took away the fun from a nice 4th Celebration I look forward to every year.  My neighbors light off some straight up mortars out here for long, sustained periods of time.  My windows move, haha!  I heard it all, but I was laying in bed trying to work this crap off while everyone celebrated outside.  It is what it is though...  Just bad timing I suppose.  I hope that everyone enjoyed their Independence Day and had fun with their friends and family, because that's what it is all about for me.  Hot dogs, burgers, good company, etc.  Hopefully next year isn't like it was this year for me - or rather "us" as in my family. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

I haven't been keeping up but last I read they were working on a booster for the latest diabolical variant which appears to have done at least a partial end around on everything.

After a while you just throw your hands up and say whatever.  

I  did get all 4 shots, though.  The worst that could happen is I'll feel a little beat up and buy an Eric Clapton album.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I haven't been keeping up but last I read they were working on a booster for the latest diabolical variant which appears to have done at least a partial end around on everything.

After a while you just throw your hands up and say whatever.  

I  did get all 4 shots, though.  The worst that could happen is I'll feel a little beat up and buy an Eric Clapton album.

Yeah. Thinking the natural antibodies will last me until fall/winter. I'm not sure it's good to have a vaccine every five minutes, even if I believe it's better than no vaccine. Well, maybe not every 5 min, but you understand what I mean.

• Like 1

I'm getting my second booster tomorrow 🤪... The first booster slammed me for about three days..... Soar body, totally weak and a headache the size of Jupiter........ I'm expecting the same reaction..... I feel like a damn pin cushion. It will be four Covid vaccines and one flu shout in 1.5 years....... But the good news is I have yet to get Covid (that I know of), and I don't want to get it if at all possible. 

19 hours ago, duane v said:

I'm getting my second booster tomorrow 🤪... The first booster slammed me for about three days..... Soar body, totally weak and a headache the size of Jupiter........ I'm expecting the same reaction..... I feel like a damn pin cushion. It will be four Covid vaccines and one flu shout in 1.5 years....... But the good news is I have yet to get Covid (that I know of), and I don't want to get it if at all possible. 

The third knocked me for six. A day. But it was worth it when I got covid, because it was really nasty, but only for a couple days. And I subsist on breadsticks and fizzy drinks - I don't get sick for a day, I get sick for five days when I get sick. From half dead (tho little to no respiratory effects) to recovered in that amount of time... that's just not me. I'm fairly certain it was the vaccine.

Like a friend says, we can claim all the survival rates we want, but we mustn't forget it's SARS. But I respect the few ones I know who didn't get the vaccine too. There's public safety responsibility issues, yes, but anytime someone wants to INJECT you with something, you really should have a say in it, even if I personally think it's misguided in this case.

• Like 1