Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Fourth of July !

At the risk of this getting deleted because a couple of members turn it into a negative, political argument ...

I HOPE WE CAN ALL FIND THE TIME TODAY  TO REFLECT ON OUR  FREEDOMS AND HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE,  COMPARED TO MANY  THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.    

To 'pass it on' this blessing -   try to do something to celebrate  what we share as a nation and try to share that patriotism with your family and children.   Even something as small as grilling hot dogs !  

• Haha 1

Nothing really negative here, but mostly I've been telling people to be careful and don't blow their fingers off.   But recall one amusing thing one of my daughters said one year(she was 5 at the time).....

"It's a good thing those guys back then( her reference to the Founding Fathers)  picked July to make America.  I'd hate to go watch fireworks in the Wintertime. "   [laugh]

No dummies, those guys "back then".  [wink]

Have a good 4th all.

Whitefang

• Like 1

I am grateful for my Freedoms & proudly Celebrate July 4th. Have a great one!

I live in Palm Springs, Ca. July 4th here is 100+ degrees! We usually go to the Beach…

I’d say Winter would be a great time but all the Country Clubs have Fireworks Shows for their Welcome Back Seasons for their wealthy multi Home Members!

• Like 1

Three dogs here:  One gets scared - the other two feed off it.  Maybe if I drag them into the backyard and sit with them in a lawn chair for an hour or so.  Tried everything else.  Always someone within 3 or 4 houses shooting off rockets.  S.A.M.s ! 

1 hour ago, Larsongs said:

I am grateful for my Freedoms & proudly Celebrate July 4th. Have a great one!

I live in Palm Springs, Ca. July 4th here is 100+ degrees! We usually go to the Beach…

I’d say Winter would be a great time but all the Country Clubs have Fireworks Shows for their Welcome Back Seasons for their wealthy multi Home Members!

I spent my teen years in Palm Springs,  back Inn the 60s.  Hotter than three dollar pistol.

Anyways  Happy Birthday USA!  Celebrate anyway you wish..

Edited by jaxson50

22 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Three dogs here:  One gets scared - the other two feed off it.  Maybe if I drag them into the backyard and sit with them in a lawn chair for an hour or so.  Tried everything else.  Always someone within 3 or 4 houses shooting off rockets.  S.A.M.s ! 

That all?  Someone within three or four houses?

Dang!  My street on every 4th sounds like the landing on Normandy!  

Whitefang

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

That all?  Someone within three or four houses?

Dang!  My street on every 4th sounds like the landing on Normandy!  

Whitefang

For some reason - last night was only half as loud.  I was disappointed - even though the dogs hate  it - I love the fireworks.   

• Like 1

This year wasn’t a good holiday for me. Was feeling sick yesterday and got a PCR after a rapid test told me I was positive. Well got my PCR results today to confirm the obvious. Second time getting this crap… it’s worse the second time around too - for me at least. I usually like the 4th as I go see my friends. 

33 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Nobody’s kicking anyone. I thought that’s why people got vaccinated to avoid disease.

Truth is I’m not doing so good right now and I know what you said about this crap in the recent past. I don’t care if you don’t get a vaccine or even want to fight anyone about it. I just don’t take crap from anyone as this wouldn’t be the first time you’ve tried to get under my skin with some crass comment. 

While I think of it, a Sri Lankan audiophile recommended this tea for helping with COVID symptoms.  

I had to use it both times I contracted it and it does seem to help:

Samahan Herbal Supplement

https://www.amazon.com/Samahan-Ayurvedic-Herbal-Packets-Lankan/dp/B017VR4122

It's probably pond water and pepper strained through a pair of used panty hose.

Feel  better.

Mr. Gibson: I got it and got over it quickly (taste and smell took a couple weeks). Do I feel like I'd gotten sicker and for longer w/o the vaccine? Absolutely. It didn't get into my lungs as far as symptoms go, and the early ones to get it that I know, before the vaccines, were uniformly sick for a long time and could hardly breathe. So I think it was good that I got the vaccine.

Early smell training if needed. Rose, lemon, eucalyptus and clove are the essential oils used in studies.

My single case is of course anecdotal, but just my two cents.

Edited by Pinch