Gibson Brands Forums

Whats your favorite Black Sabbath song?

dem00n

Myself I've never been much on the later versions of Black Sabbath. I prefer the Ozzy/Iommi line-up. I'd have to say my favorite is Snowblind from Vol. 4. Though I also really like Killing Yourself To Live and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath from that album; Hand of Doom and Faries Wear Boots from Paranoid; Into the Void from Master of Reality.

Don't get me wrong...I like Dio's voice, but I prefer it on his own groups albums....though Heaven and Hell is pretty good.

Interesting' date=' it seems none of us who were around then can remember if that's true or not. =P~ [/quote']

Well...I was around and I never heard that one mentioned at all. I didn't do drugs, but the people that I knew that did always seemed to mention Pink Floyd (specifically Dark Side of the Moon) and Jethro Tull. I'm sure to people that did stuff like that...it probably didn't matter what they were listening to.

Man... Too hard to really choose. Sweet leaf had a great Riff in it. Heaven and hell was a cool tune. Mob Rules. The Wizard' date=' Never Say die... I could go on but I'd bet you'd get bored...

=P~/ [/quote']

Man, there's just something about that riff...

I'd have to say Sweet Leaf or Supernaut.

I read that Electric Funeral was one of the most popular songs to get high to in the 70s. That guitar is sick in that song.

I don't know about Electric Funeral either. But' date=' I do remember doing the same in the 80s and finding the "KILL OZZY" and the face of the devil in this Black Sabbath album cover. =P~

[img']http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/jbow00/Black_Sabbath-Mob_Rules-Frontal1.jpg[/img]

ok, I found the devil on the cover, where's kill ozzy?? If anyone wants to listen to some Sabbath that IMO is pretty darn good, find a copy of the Born again album with Ian Gillian on vocals.. I've seen Sabbath with both Dio and Ozzy on vocals, would have liked to caught a show with Ian on vocals.. the guy can sing

ok' date=' I found the devil on the cover, where's kill ozzy?? If anyone wants to listen to some Sabbath that IMO is pretty darn good, find a copy of the Born again album with Ian Gillian on vocals.. I've seen Sabbath with both Dio and Ozzy on vocals, would have liked to caught a show with Ian on vocals.. the guy can sing[/quote']

See where it says Greg Hilderbrandt? Just to the left of that is KILL and right under it is OZZY. You have to use a little imagination, but it's there.

Archived