Gibson Brands Forums

EI Saddle from Bob

Buc McMaster

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ajsc- do you have anything productive to add to the discussion, or just juvenile insults?

Wondering the same about you.

Just because you can go on & on forever , doesn't mean you've said anything!

I think my position is clear, & I also think Bob Colosi, would be the 1st to say, bone is as good as any other material.

I don't use ivory, I have no desire to use it, or own it!!

But I do get tired of the "self righteous", preaching all the time. ("Telling us stuff we already know") I come here to discuss guitars, not politics.

I just want to leave this forum alone for a while because it's leaving a bad taste. I was enjoying this place but the overwhelming responses in favor of using EI leaves me bewildered. It makes me start to understand how simple disagreement ends up in full blown wars. Our little discussion has illustrates mans unwillingness to change their to thickheaded opinions and their willingness to carry on with their selfish pursuits for things that just don't matter. What doesn't matter is what kind of friggin pins you use. It's clear that none of us have changed our opinions on this matter. Might be a fun experiment to run this by the folks at the AGP or the UMGF...see if we end up with the same crap.

Yes. Note how those who dislike my comments resort to crass personal attacks, rather than defending their position. There has been a lot of "mind your own business", but very little "this is why it's morally and ethically acceptable to use EI."

So- I have been clear on my opinion. Others have shared this opinion. I haven't ripped the saddle out of anyone's guitar, or suppressed anyone's freedom. As far as I know, everyone is still free to make their own decisions, whether or not they choose to have an awareness of the consequences. And I can agree with ajsc that I'd like to get back to discussing guitars; hopefully we can do that without people getting ugly over it.

How about we agree to give everybody the benefit of the doubt and assume they are people of good will who may at times disagree with us? Let's not call each other names like jackass (this thread) or moron (epithet spit at me by ballcorner in another thread and left up just long enough for me to see it). If all this ultra-aggressive posting keeps up I guess I won't come here any more.

If all this ultra-aggressive posting keeps up I guess I won't come here any more.

:-s

I see ballcorner. You will be very pleased if your insults and encyclopedic misinformation chase me out of here. By the way old bald pansy buddy, suede is not spelled seude.

I see ballcorner. You will be very pleased if your insults and encyclopedic misinformation chase me out of here. By the way old bald pansy buddy' date=' suede is not spelled seude.[/quote']

I have no interest in chasing you out of here. I can rely upon you to argue foolishly over everything I say and I can bait and manipulate you at will. You are an intellectual peasant who thinks of himself as quick and crafty. You are amazingly stupid, and I simply love having you here to toy with. You can't just leave anyway, because getting the last word in is so important to you - it is such a huge motivator that I can keep you here for the rest of your life by answering your posts.

The spelling error is a (sic) from the original 1966 publication of the e e cummings poem the line is taken from. Give yourself a hand, and as usual I will look forward to your prompt reply.

(Disclaimer: Out of the several guitars I have, none of them has EI anything.)

I have left all my guitars stock except for my Hummingbird MC, where I had the saddle and nut replaced with bone. Not being a wiseass here, but just what kind of bone did I likely get? Come to think of it, I also changed the saddle on my Southern Jumbo MC to bone, too. Did I get boned twice?

ballcorner wrote:

I have no interest in chasing you out of here. I can rely upon you to argue foolishly over everything I say and I can bait and manipulate you at will. You are an intellectual peasant who thinks of himself as quick and crafty. You are amazingly stupid, and I simply love having you here to toy with. You can't just leave anyway, because getting the last word in is so important to you - it is such a huge motivator that I can keep you here for the rest of your life by answering your posts.

The spelling error is a (sic) from the original 1966 publication of the e e cummings poem the line is taken from. Give yourself a hand, and as usual I will look forward to your prompt reply.

Nice to have an extra copy of this in case you delete your posts again.

Alright you guys' date=' can we move on now? #-o:-#:-&:-k=;+:-@ :- [/quote']

I'm with you. It's amazing how what started as a reasonably sane discussion has devolved into name calling, insult hurling, and general ugliness. I sort of expect it on other boards, but this is the first time I've seen it here.

I'm with you. It's amazing how what started as a reasonably sane discussion has devolved into name calling' date=' insult hurling, and general ugliness. I sort of expect it on other boards, but this is the first time I've seen it here.[/quote']

i must agree here. i chimed in on this thread early on with my position of creating a demand leads to a black market. however, i had to step out when it changed from a sensible conversation of opposing viewpoints. i believe what i believe, and i would love to convert a few people over to my side. once it gets ugly it's useless though. no one gets insulted and then changes their mind.

it's not good for the harmony of the board either.

Wow' date=' some people are being real jackasses here (no names mentioned). I'm not even going to try and state my opinion, other than to say, I have a saddle on my J-200 made from fossilised hummingbird testicles. And they only had to slaughter 5,000 of them to make it!! Sounds pretty much the same as plastic, but with a little more ring.[/quote']

..........and your nuts?

Archived