Gibson Brands Forums

Appalling gibson

galacticelastic

Hmmmmm

DSCF4090.thumb.JPG.211df7baa722421a83109

Above is an early Asian built Sheraton.

It has been a common practice for years that in order to become an authorized Gibson retailer you had to sell Epiphones.

Currently most Epiphones are made at the Gibson Qingdao Factory in China.

Edited by mihcmac

12 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Epiphone sales are probably the only thing keeping Gibson from going into the red.

So those 6-10k a pop Tom Murph aged wonders are not keeping them a float. What about the limited edition models they come up with 3 or 4 times a year, and sell out of, and make almost 2 million the day they are released cause they are all sold?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Is Guitar Center still their major retail outlet?

I haven't been in one in years but the last time it was a ghost town with nothing in stock.

Not sure if they are the major retail outlet, as Sam Ash, and all the other brick and mortar and online stores all sell Gibson stuff. The last time I went into a G C there were a ton of Epi's, a few (2 maybe) real LP's, and one J-45 in the acoustic room.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Yeah - barking up the wrong tree.  We had a redbone hound and all it did was bark up trees and run off to this nice elderly couple's house.  I went over there to get her once and she was lying on the porch next to a big pot of beef stew.

Anyway, sounds like BS to me.  I mean, who buys something and then tells everybody that they couldn't look at what they bought in the store? Really?  😄

My dad told me one time thast I wasn't smart enough to be a crook.  This is maybe more of that type of situation.