Gibson Brands Forums

Rock Docs

Sgt. Pepper

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, 'Scales said:

Eurythmics -Sweet Dreams the Video Album. Not really a doc but an interesting look back to a certain time and place, and a unique style and sound [thumbup]

They had really cool and really awful music. Annie is a great singer. I have 2 albums of theirs. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 2 weeks later...

Dig!  (BJM and Dandy Warhols) I watch it every few years I guess. Not for everyone I guess, but I like it.

I also watched one about Joy Division and one about Syd Barrett this week, both of which I’ve seen before. Tonight I may watch Hype! - tubi is awesome for rock docs,

Edited by 'Scales

1 hour ago, 'Scales said:

Dig!  (BJM and Dandy Warhols) I watch it every few years I guess. Not for everyone I guess, but I like it.

I also watched one about Joy Division and one about Syd Barrett this week, both of which I’ve seen before. Tonight I may watch Hype! - tubi is awesome for rock docs,

I think I have seen Hype, and tried to watch Dig. 

Is love tearing you apart again?

Hype! (About how the grunge music and associated scene impacted Seattle and musicians there)  - I enjoyed it mostly. I was only ever aware of the music at the time but the scene built around it by those looking to cash in was pretty bizarre.

i watched loudQUIETloud (Pixies) again and it’s an easy enough watch.

stories of my youth both. 😶

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 'Scales said:

Hype! (About how the grunge music and associated scene impacted Seattle and musicians there)  - I enjoyed it mostly. I was only ever aware of the music at the time but the scene built around it by those looking to cash in was pretty bizarre.

i watched loudQUIETloud (Pixies) again and it’s an easy enough watch.

stories of my youth both. 😶

I liked Doolittle and not much else. 

The Seattle scene was overblown. Nirvana - come on now. Can’t listen to them. Soundgarden - After Louder Than Love they hung on for an album or two. I did like The Screaming Trees. Mudhoney annoyed me. No I don’t want to touch you cause you are sick and I don’t want to get sick to. Tons of others were just getting signed cause they wore flannel and combat boots.

Is looking for Johnny a doc?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 'Scales said:

Yeah, Definitely it is a doc (life story of Johnny Thunders).

Oh yeah I saw that, or was it the one about Stiv Bators I’m thinking of? Who died in France after getting it by a car? It was about that guy.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper