2 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

All Triumphs:

02 955 Sprint RS

04 955 Sprint RS

04 955 Sprint ST

06 955 Tiger

07 1050 Sprint ST

11 1050 Sprint GT

I had the summer windscreens on the Tiger and GT and that did me in.

The Tiger is now back to being The PopeCycle:

Svk2oSP.jpg

vY0nL3y.jpg

You got a lot of 955’s. Is it like having 7 LP’s?

3 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Better than 7 Les Pauls AND a Stratocaster with a whammy bar.

I see what you did. Would you trade a cheesy little amp for one? I think it’s a Fender Champ.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

13 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

Where I live, in the sticks, no neighbors, the only celebration was the cyote howling. At midnight! Stepped out to do a little howling with them.

So happy new year to all from Ken*ucky where pot is illegal. Ty Illinois.

My back yard 3 yrs ago in Chester CA. Just b4 trimming. I'm 6' and so is the fence. They tried a dispensary, but no one bought anything. True example of lower crime rate. No one cared bout pot anymore. Law didnt have to bother. It was a relief. They had bigger fish to fry.

Photo072.jpg

Is that on the photo what I think it is?

10 hours ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Is that on the photo what I think it is?

As described, my back yard in cali.

Edit

Mostly Indica. I'm a "couch potato" kinda guy. Wifey likes the hybrids.

Edited by CROWB8
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SteveFord said:

All Triumphs:

02 955 Sprint RS

04 955 Sprint RS

04 955 Sprint ST

06 955 Tiger

07 1050 Sprint ST

11 1050 Sprint GT

I had the summer windscreens on the Tiger and GT and that did me in.

The Tiger is now back to being The PopeCycle:

(my wife's comment on the windshield was it looks like something the Pope would ride)

Svk2oSP.jpg

vY0nL3y.jpg

Ty sir.

I miss it. Got out of the AF in '78 in FLA. Did the "Easy Rider" thing from Daytona, west to mardi gras, Amarillo, Flagstaff/Creater city/Grand Canyon, Needles, Snake Pit, Palm Springs, to Ocean Side Ca in time for surfing compitition on my XLCH. Missed the surfing. Then dead head to Seattle/home. Out $3,000+- bucks. Do it again if I was still 28.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Whenever I see those windshields all I can think of is ...

Larry-Wilcox-and-Erik-Estrada-in-CHiPs-T

The invasion era. 750's, kaw 9's, Commando's. Harley/AMF really struggled w sales and quality. Meanwhile, Yamaha and Suzuki left everyone in the dust w their 2 strokes.

Edited by CROWB8

The big Cee Bailey windscreen on the Tiger is great in the cold.

Right before the CHP signed with Kawasaki they were entertaining Moto Guzzi as their cop bike.

The Italians were having some labor unrest and they sent the CHP a batch of bikes with NO PISTON RINGS.  Way to go!

That big road trip on that Harley sounds like it was an awful lot of fun.  I was on Norton Commandos back then (being left stranded at various places)...

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

The big Cee Bailey windscreen on the Tiger is great in the cold.

Right before the CHP signed with Kawasaki they were entertaining Moto Guzzi as their cop bike.

The Italians were having some labor unrest and they sent the CHP a batch of bikes with NO PISTON RINGS.  Way to go!

That big road trip on that Harley sounds like it was an awful lot of fun.  I was on Norton Commandos back then (being left stranded at various places)...

Ah, like an AMF Harley was reliable? Had to tear that down and rebuild it to closer tolerences. Guzzled oil when I got it. Manual stated, consumption of 1qt per 500 miles is w/in spec. Whos spec!!!!

Wha t did the Italians ship? Bennellies. Inline 6's?

In the pic, lools like Kaw 9. Been a while. Out of the mix since, well, '78ish.

---

Commandos w the spyder kit were untouchable at the time.

I left out Painted desert and petrefied forest. As well as a steak house outside amarillo. Eat 72oz steak meal, and its free. I ended up paying. Across I-40 from that was those 1 yr old caddies that rich farmer buried nose first on his land. Bout 6 in row.

Stupid, black Harley, black helmet, 114F, crossing the desert. Helmet was soaked.

Oh yea, got laid 3 times along the way. Snicker.

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1

I believe they were Moto Guzzi Eldorado cop bikes.

Remember the Dirty Harry movie where the Guzzis were clattering around and Clint was on a Triumph Bonneville, that time period.

One quart per 500 miles could make for an awfully long trip!  Those were different times, you never knew if you were actually going to get where you were going with lots of adventures along the way.  Now they whine about how their Bluetooth accessories aren't very user friendly, boo hoo.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 2:58 PM, CROWB8 said:

Where I live, in the sticks, no neighbors, the only celebration was the cyote howling. At midnight! Stepped out to do a little howling with them.

So happy new year to all from Ken*ucky where pot is illegal. Ty Illinois.

My back yard 3 yrs ago in Chester CA. Just b4 trimming. I'm 6' and so is the fence. They tried a dispensary, but no one bought anything. True example of lower crime rate. No one cared bout pot anymore. Law didnt have to bother. It was a relief. They had bigger fish to fry.

Photo072.jpg

Just saw this. Step One Medical. Its hopefully just going to be a matter of time.

https://wpde.com/amp/news/local/medical-marijuana-bills-south-carolina-house-weed-dispensary-smoke-1-2-22

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

"It is now legal for adults 21 and older to possess up to three ounces of cannabis and up to 24 grams of concentrated cannabis for personal use in New York. Adults may smoke or vape cannabis wherever smoking tobacco is allowed under the smoke-free air laws, with a few exceptions."

Just a few days ago finally:

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/30/1146165347/new-york-opens-its-first-legal-recreational-marijuana-dispensary

Have pizza delivery’s gone up 3 fold?

Who wants a Shaq-eronni?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just saw this. Step One Medical. Its hopefully just going to be a matter of time.

https://wpde.com/amp/news/local/medical-marijuana-bills-south-carolina-house-weed-dispensary-smoke-1-2-22

Our KY governor, Andy Bashear has tabled a med mj bill for '23. But, dont wanna get political. So wont mention the road blocks. But yea, its a start. I am talking KY here so............

Thing is, Docs wanted me on 10mg norco's 3-4x daily. Wasnt havin any of that. With mj, I can get away w 1/2 of a 5mg norco once in the AM and be good to go. Sometimes no norco at all. The government should not be involved w my/anyones medical care what so ever.....

Edited by CROWB8

11 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

Our KY governor, Andy Bashear has tabled a med mj bill for '23. But, dont wanna get political. So wont mention the road blocks. But yea, its a start. I am talking KY here so............

Thing is, Docs wanted me on 10mg norco's 3-4x daily. Wasnt havin any of that. With mj, I can get away w 1/2 of a 5mg norco once in the AM and be good to go. Sometimes no norco at all. The government should not be involved w my/anyones medical care what so ever.....

Whatcha takin' it for?

My wife had appetite issues before her stroke, and when I finally got it through some people's thick skulls her appetite issues existed BEFORE her stroke, they tried a few different appetite stimulants.  One was called Megase, which didn't work, and another was cannabis based Marinol.  Which didn't work either. 

Whitefang

6 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Whatcha takin' it for?

My wife had appetite issues before her stroke, and when I finally got it through some people's thick skulls her appetite issues existed BEFORE her stroke, they tried a few different appetite stimulants.  One was called Megase, which didn't work, and another was cannabis based Marinol.  Which didn't work either. 

Whitefang

Left clavicle, shoulder blade, couple ribs, broken. Clavicle was a big issue. Severed nerve, retreated. Deltioed muscle atrophied. So left arm cant be raised. Then arthritis both hands. Then left hand crushed in log splitter. So fingers are wonkie. Then stroke while I was sleeping. Leaving left eye blind and cognitive abilities and memory is for sh*t. Constant pain. But pain has been going on for so long, its more like a serious head ache. Doc had me on 10mg. I requested 7.5s, then 5s. Then 1/2 of 5s. In cali, legally, could supliment the 1/2 5s w mj. That was the perfect combo so as not to be in a fog all day and possibly hurt meself. Then I moved to KY and I have to "qualify" for norco all over again. Which means taking a gambit of alt pain remedies b4 getting norco. My kidneys, being old, wont tolerate those "alt" drugs. But the government made that proccess manditory. The VA doesnt prescribe norcos unless its in house or "end of life" scenario. So I'm stuck right now with nothing. Arg.....

First time I've layed all this out in its entirety. Sheesh......

Edited by CROWB8
  • Sad 1

Wow.  Sure sounds like Norco  is needed in your case.   My wife(for some reason that slips my mind) took Norco  because Vicodin for some reason wasn't available.  Problem with that was a nephew of ours kept faking back pain in efforts to borrow some from her and a sister of hers who was also prescribed it.  Both my wife and the sister are gone now, and the a-hole nephew is left without a source.  

But hang in there Crow.  I'm pullin' for ya.

Whitefang

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Wow.  Sure sounds like Norco  is needed in your case.   My wife(for some reason that slips my mind) took Norco  because Vicodin for some reason wasn't available.  Problem with that was a nephew of ours kept faking back pain in efforts to borrow some from her and a sister of hers who was also prescribed it.  Both my wife and the sister are gone now, and the a-hole nephew is left without a source.  

But hang in there Crow.  I'm pullin' for ya.

Whitefang

I still play my guits. Log splitter ordeal made my lt index finger turn dark purple. Hair line fractures in the bones and cartilage damage. Soaked in warm water, color returned. Soft cast w splint. Told to leave it on for 2 weeks. I knew if I did that, my fingers would stiffen up and no more guit playing. Next day, removed cast. And started finger exercizing. Playing riffs that worked on 1st and 2nd fingers. Trouble making barr chords and not as fast as I once was. But I hold my own. After all, its not how fast one plays, it *what* one plays.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

. But I hold my own. After all, its not how fast one plays, it *what* one plays.

Sure.  I've been telling myself that for years!  [wink]  Some day I'm going to convince me!  [thumbup]

My only setback was a mini-stroke nine years ago(already?) that's still affecting my dexterity and endurance.  I occasionally squeeze on a small sand(fake) filled plastic sack made for stress to work on finger strength.   A little sand filled stress ball.  My brother thought they were silly.  His idea of a good "stress ball" was a shot put.  You relieve the stress by throwing the shot put hard as you can at the head of the a-sshole causing your stress!  [laugh]

Whitefang

• Like 1