Gibson Brands Forums

Happy New Year

Whitefang

Y'all have a fun and safe New Year's celebration.  Me... I'm just hoping to stay awake long enough to see it in.  [wink]  But if any are going out anywhere, or doing a New Year's gig, drive careful home.  Want you all to be able to come back here.  [smile]

And don't forget to put your money out.  [thumbup]

Whitefang

8 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Y'all have a fun and safe New Year's celebration.  Me... I'm just hoping to stay awake long enough to see it in.  [wink]  But if any are going out anywhere, or doing a New Year's gig, drive careful home.  Want you all to be able to come back here.  [smile]

And don't forget to put your money out.  [thumbup]

Whitefang

NYE is also called Amateur Nite. I go to work at 2 and I'm off at 6. Gonna come home and finish watching the first bowl playoff game, and then watch the later one. I filled a growler with a good Pilsner from a local microbrew. Its gonna be around 70 today. Maybe I'll spark the grill when I get home and Q up some Brats.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I used to gig on a NY eve;  play, everyone ignores you until 12 which is when they want to start....just as you want to pack it in.  Home about 3 a.m. 

Not now.  NY eve at home is a selfish pleasure.  Guitar, couple of drinks. watch the neighbourhood fireworks at midnight.  

HNY23 to all!

[thumbup]

Edited by jdgm
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

NYE is also called Amateur Nite. I go to work at 2 and I'm off at 6. Gonna come home and finish watching the first bowl playoff game, and then watch the later one. I filled a growler with a good Pilsner from a local microbrew. Its gonna be around 70 today. Maybe I'll spark the grill when I get home and Q up some Brats.

You sparking up anything other than the grill? It looks like a cypress hill music video on my coffee table right now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

You sparking up anything other than the grill? It looks like a cypress hill music video on my coffee table right now

I toked last night. It’s now pouring so BBQ is canx. I probably will be taking a few bong hits in a bit.

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I toked last night.  I probably will be taking a few bong hits in a bit.

So you have legal, taxed, pot in SC?

What's the tax rate?

Here in Illinois, it's like 37% and the potheads are funding the pension fund that was in trouble before legal, taxed pot. They line up around the corner at the dispensary (pot store). It's turned out to be a brilliant idea.

I've been clean for well over 2 decades, so I don't contribute.

59 minutes ago, Murph said:

So you have legal, taxed, pot in SC?

What's the tax rate?

Here in Illinois, it's like 37% and the potheads are funding the pension fund that was in trouble before legal, taxed pot. They line up around the corner at the dispensary (pot store). It's turned out to be a brilliant idea.

I've been clean for well over 2 decades, so I don't contribute.

No we don’t. I guess I’m a criminal. But I can go back to Virginia and be above the law.

Where I live, in the sticks, no neighbors, the only celebration was the cyote howling. At midnight! Stepped out to do a little howling with them.

So happy new year to all from Ken*ucky where pot is illegal. Ty Illinois.

My back yard 3 yrs ago in Chester CA. Just b4 trimming. I'm 6' and so is the fence. They tried a dispensary, but no one bought anything. True example of lower crime rate. No one cared bout pot anymore. Law didnt have to bother. It was a relief. They had bigger fish to fry.

Photo072.jpg

Edited by CROWB8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

Where I live, in the sticks, no neighbors, the only celebration was the cyote howling. At midnight! Stepped out to do a little howling with them.

So happy new year to all from Ken*ucky where pot is illegal. Ty Illinois.

My back yard 3 yrs ago in Chester CA. Just b4 trimming. I'm 6' and so is the fence. They tried a dispensary, but no one bought anything. True example of lower crime rate. No one cared bout pot anymore. Law didnt have to bother. It was a relief. They had bigger fish to fry.

Photo072.jpg

Nice, but you we’re breaking no law as Cali has been legal for a while and allowed to grow your own.

27 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice, but you we’re breaking no law as Cali has been legal for a while and allowed to grow your own.

Yup. Twas my point. kinda done breaking laws. Too frickin old. 🙃

Edited by CROWB8

42 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Half dozen.

Note to self: dress warmer.

I'll bite. Whatcha got?

Through my years I've had a 441 victor, tiger cub, and a few harleys. Last one was a 73 XLCH 12:1 w sifton cams, ported, polished, drag pipes, CDI ign, w mikuni carb, dead throttle, and rt hand shift. Got into accident and me left arm no workie. So no bikes anymore.

Happy new year! (Stay on topic~)

Edited by CROWB8

HNY everyone. 

We had opportunity to play NYE, but I declined. Just went out to dinner early and came home for a fairly mild celebration. 

New Years Day was beautiful and everyone I ran into in public seemed happy and cheerful. Maybe it's a good sign for the rest of 2023.  

All Triumphs:

02 955 Sprint RS

04 955 Sprint RS

04 955 Sprint ST

06 955 Tiger

07 1050 Sprint ST

11 1050 Sprint GT

I had the summer windscreens on the Tiger and GT and that did me in.

The Tiger is now back to being The PopeCycle:

(my wife's comment on the windshield was it looks like something the Pope would ride)

Svk2oSP.jpg

vY0nL3y.jpg

Edited by SteveFord
  • Thanks 2