Gibson Brands Forums

These Are Too Funny

Sgt. Pepper

At first I thought they were parody albums or jokes until I saw the Louvin Brothers album. I knew that was a real album by them. I peed a little looking at them. You might even see a Gibson.

https://thechive.com/humor/vintage-christian-album-covers-that-even-the-big-man-upstairs-cant-make-sense-of/

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

Re: Louvin Bros. Ira and Charlie took plywood that was being used as a base for one of their kids’ train set or racetrack and made the devil. They set it up in a gravel pit or some-such and started fires. Then it started raining. The photographer wanted to bail because he didn’t want his equipment getting wet. Ira probably threatened his life if he dared leave. Ira was a firecracker. 

16 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I stared a thread a long time ago to post whatever you want. I’m fine with it.

No. Yea. I know you're not a stickler in that way. But what I meant to say was Your OP was funny. And on a lot of those covers, didnt see much diff between those and Chucky. Joking that it actually might, be it slightly, be on topic. Kinda weird, "touching" "use me". Point made on that.

With out going nuts, some of your topic starters, seem like they really mean, "post what you want." Which I thought was kinda genius. Like I look forward to where your threads end up. Some threads, actually need a bit of leeway. think most here can tell when that is and when we should stay.

tnx sarge.

9 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

No. Yea. I know you're not a stickler in that way. But what I meant to say was Your OP was funny. And on a lot of those covers, didnt see much diff between those and Chucky. Joking that it actually might, be it slightly, be on topic. Kinda weird, "touching" "use me". Point made on that.

With out going nuts, some of your topic starters, seem like they really mean, "post what you want." Which I thought was kinda genius. Like I look forward to where your threads end up. Some threads, actually need a bit of leeway. think most here can tell when that is and when we should stay.

tnx sarge.

I’m a bad seed. Don’t be like me. Like Charles Barkley - I’m not a role model. That’s the best advice I got. Except to listen to Zappa. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I’m a bad seed. Don’t be like me. Like Charles Barkley - I’m not a role model. That’s the best advice I got. Except to listen to Zappa. 

Dont have roll models. Too frickin old. But I've no doubt, back in the day, I'd have enjoyed sparkin one up w ya. Just havin fun bro.

‐-‐-----

I do have a roll model. Its  '67 POS Lyle F450. Neck broken 3 times. Repaired. Still plays great.

Edited by CROWB8

7 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Dont have roll models. Too frickin old. But I've no doubt, back in the day, I'd have enjoyed sparkin one up w ya. Just havin fun bro.

‐-‐-----

I do have a roll model. Its  '67 POS Lyle F450. Neck broken 3 times. Repaired. Still plays great.

I’ll take a bong rip with you any day. I’ll take a bong rip with anyone. I really used to love Gibsons then stuff changed. It’s sad  cause they used to make my pants tight. Now I don’t think I’d want one if given to me.

Now I don’t think I’d want one if given to me.

I here ya there. Check this out. 

https://forum.gibson.com/topic/169350-binding-education-pls/?do=getLastComment

That was my last purchase. 70th aniv. Total trash. Out of the CS?

First time in my life, I bought a new Epi. And I dont like epis. Er I tell myself that. But that neckthru firebird for $649. Same thing as a gibby's bird save electrics at 1/3 the price. So even if I stuffed it w gibby guts, still be just a grand~. So what is one paying for when they buy a gibby?

Edited by CROWB8

On 1/17/2023 at 9:33 PM, CROWB8 said:

I here ya there. Check this out. 

https://forum.gibson.com/topic/169350-binding-education-pls/?do=getLastComment

That was my last purchase. 70th aniv. Total trash. Out of the CS?

First time in my life, I bought a new Epi. And I dont like epis. Er I tell myself that. But that neckthru firebird for $649. Same thing as a gibby's bird save electrics at 1/3 the price. So even if I stuffed it w gibby guts, still be just a grand~. So what is one paying for when they buy a gibby?

At least you will always have place to store your drill bits, and they wont fall on the floor.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

Another thing that is too funny is, now that it is awards season, and the Hollywood elite are giving themselves awards, and patting themselves on the back. Some  of them spread Covid to each other at one of that last Award shows. Isn't it them who were big advocates for masks, and shots, and buying into it, and shoving it down our throats?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper