Gibson Brands Forums

“Poor Boy Pickin” by The Larson Brothers Band

Larsongs

This is my Brother’s & my Band.. It’s from our brand new Album that has just been released! “The Larson Brothers Band” - “4”.. It’s our 4th Album.. The Song is titled “Poor Boy Pickin”.. written by my Brother Pete… Our new Album is on You Tube if you want to check it out.. (Available on ITunes, Amazon etc…)

Hope you like it…

Nice stuff.  And nice historic name too.  As I bet you know  LARSON BROTHERS is an iconic guitar company, and the old ones are now rich man guitars.  I have one -- 1930 -- and it was a favorite with my late wife for folk and bluegrass (rhythm.)  Here is one of my folk revival singing friends using it for that.

I hope you might find this cool.  Pardon the interruption.

Best,-Tom

Edited by tpbiii

Very nice Guitar with great Sound! Some really good Picking & Singing too!

Our Great Gran Dad migrated from Norway in the 1800’s & his name was Lars Larson.. Hence our name…

I am pretty familiar with Larson Brothers Guitars..

Edited by Larsongs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Our Great Gran Dad migrated from Norway in the 1800’s & his name was Lars Larson.. Hence our name…

I am pretty familiar with Larson Brothers Guitars..

Hi, I'm someone who emigrated from Norway in 1949 (my parents didn't ask what I thought of the idea) ; so hello from another nordmann!

2 hours ago, olie said:

Hi, I'm someone who emigrated from Norway in 1949 (my parents didn't ask what I thought of the idea) ; so hello from another nordmann!

Greetings my fellow Nordmann! When my Great Grand Dad Lars Larson migrated here back in the 1800’s he came with 3 Brothers.. The 4 of them got separated & we don’t know what happened to the other Brothers.. My brother has been trying to fill in the gaps & try to find where they went. He’s trying to find our living Larson relatives.. He’s made some connections to some in a little Town in Norway called Risnes Lars & his brothers were from.. We’re making headway very slowly though…

I’ve wondered if we may be related to the Guitar makers but have no way of knowing..

Anyhow, good to meet you! 

• Like 1

My wife's grandfather was a genealogist way back in the 50's and 60's.

When I met him he wanted to tell me that she was related to two US Presidents, and that one of her relatives came over on the Mayflower!

I told him, I'm sure one of my relatives was on the shore to welcome him!

7 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

My wife's grandfather was a genealogist way back in the 50's and 60's.

When I met him he wanted to tell me that she was related to two US Presidents, and that one of her relatives came over on the Mayflower!

I told him, I'm sure one of my relatives was on the shore to welcome him!

According to the Family tree buffs in my family I had both… One on the Mayflower & some onshore to welcome him. LOL! 

7 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Maybe we’re cousins!

Very well could be!

I also have a Great Great Aunt who was White & was taken by Indians as a little girl and raised as an Indian. Years later she married the Chiefs Son & lived as a Queen well into her old age.. After her husband, the Chief died, she lost her title, all her land & wealth..

Late in life by complete accident a member of her White family, who hadn’t seen her since she was a little girl, recognized her when she came to Town one day..

She was reunited with family & they welcomed her back home.. But, living as an Indian all her life, sadly, she didn’t exactly fit in with them.. She lived out the rest of her life on the Reservation..

8 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Very well could be!

I also have a Great Great Aunt who was White & was taken by Indians as a little girl and raised as an Indian. Years later she married the Chiefs Son & lived as a Queen well into her old age.. After her husband, the Chief died, she lost her title, all her land & wealth..

Late in life by complete accident a member of her White family, who hadn’t seen her since she was a little girl, recognized her when she came to Town one day..

She was reunited with family & they welcomed her back home.. But, living as an Indian all her life, sadly, she didn’t exactly fit in with them.. She lived out the rest of her life on the Reservation..

What a cool story....Cherokee?