Gibson Brands Forums

Dodge Brothers / Henry Ford

Murph

17 hours ago, Farnsbarns said:

We never had any Mopar brands here, but we did have fords. I'm in the market for one of these at the moment, the first world wide model and a beautiful car. 

57689233-10802051-This-particular-exampl

Farns, whatever model Ford that is, we don't have that model here in the US.

1 hour ago, Farnsbarns said:

I should add, I'm thinking "back in the day". Chrysler have had a small presence for a couple of decades, you used to see those PT cruisers around (and laugh 😜 and they might have owned some other brands we new, vauxhall or something), Jeep even more so (not the laughing, the presence). Don't remember ever seeing a dodge.

I only had two Dodges in my life.

A '65 Dodge Coronet 500:

maxresdefault.jpg

(different color and wheels)

And a '64 Dodge Dart(  after some a-hole totaled my '65)

1964-dodge-dart

Most of my cars after that have been Oldsmobiles.  A '75 Omega.  '84 Cutlass Supreme.  '91 Silhouette, '95 Silhouette and a '97 Cutlass Supreme.

Whitefang

On 4/30/2023 at 7:00 AM, Murph said:

What's a '69 Challenger worth today?

LOL.. It was a new ‘70… They break the Bank today.. Nice condition are generally $6 Figures & go up from there..

Edited by Larsongs

19 hours ago, Larsongs said:

LOL.. It was a new ‘70… They break the Bank today.. Nice condition are generally $6 Figures & go up from there..

Yep. I see them on the Mechum auctions, and they are crazy money.

Road Runners, too.

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Yep. I see them on the Mechum auctions, and they are crazy money.

Road Runners, too.

I record the Mecum’s & Barrett Jackson’s & have been to a few.. A couple years ago I went to a Mecum in O.C. & almost got a Red & White 1956 Chevy Nomad that was In beautiful condition.. It looked Stock but had some Resto Modding done.. Disc Brakes, Modern Trans, upgraded 350, Vintage A/C & a few other nice touches.. $50G’s was my limit.. It went up to $55G’s & bidding stopped.. The owner never lifted the Reserve..

A couple months later one that looked exactly like it went thru the Mecum Auction in Vegas for $50G’s… 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I record the Mecum’s & Barrett Jackson’s & have been to a few.. A couple years ago I went to a Mecum in O.C. & almost got a Red & White 1956 Chevy Nomad that was In beautiful condition.. It looked Stock but had some Resto Modding done.. Disc Brakes, Modern Trans, upgraded 350, Vintage A/C & a few other nice touches.. $50G’s was my limit.. It went up to $55G’s & bidding stopped.. The owner never lifted the Reserve..

A couple months later one that looked exactly like it went thru the Mecum Auction in Vegas for $50G’s… 

SUMBlTCH!

30 minutes ago, Murph said:

They're cheap in the heartland.

You know, if you want a "FIXER UPPER"..................

😁

I know I overpaid, but between my master bath and kitchen refurbish, I spent a little over $1/3M!   Heck, years ago, my roof cost over $40K!

And I don't live in a mansion!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Murph said:

They're cheap in the heartland.

You know, if you want a "FIXER UPPER"..................

😁

Y'know, I do believe Illinois is considered in the heartland as well.  [wink]

When I consider that my house, built in 1948, sold for probably $5,000. NEW,  and even though I took over "ownership" JUST before the market went insane, and got away with a $78,000 mortgage I do feel kinda lucky.  As a neighbor down the street sold his home, just a few weeks ago, for $120,000!  And in not so good condition as mine.  🥴 And mine isn't really in the best of shape.

Whitefang

20 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Y'know, I do believe Illinois is considered in the heartland as well.  [wink]

I was being facetious. My daughter recently bought a "fixer upper" and I am the free labor...

How about those Plymouth Prowlers? I thought those were pretty cool.

Ya know, a lot of brands/sub brands have died off.

Plymouth, Rambler, Mercury, Saturn, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Murph said:

I was being facetious. My daughter recently bought a "fixer upper" and I am the free labor...

I liked everything about it except the V-6 Engine & the front Bumper.. I thought Mopar putting a V-6 in a Hot Rod? Huh? Then I saw on a Documentary that the Bean Counters never wanted that Car built so they did everything they could to make it almost impossible to build it.. Slashed money every place they could..

That would’ve been a monster with a Hemi V-8!!! 

Edited by Larsongs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Murph said:

My friend has a Prowler....I've never ridden in it, but when the weather gets good, we'll take it to lunch one day.   I'm sure it has less than 5K miles on it.

This  guy was my boss for over 30 years....he retired before me, and still sits on the Board of Directors.

We go out for lunch or whatever at least once a month.

One time he brought his 2014 Corvette....I think he said it has 640 HP.

I was excited to get a ride in it....but he told me to drive it..... getting on the freeway was pretty exciting!

2 hours ago, Murph said:

I

I once owned a '63 Rambler Classic.   Got it to drive back and forth to work.   Was loud but ran fine.  Until it seized.   Was low on oil but the oil warning light didn't come on until two seconds before it froze.  Me and my brother tried changing the engine in it, but too many problems.  Seemed that to remove it from the bell housing is when we discovered AMC used three different bolt sizes to fasten it.  :rolleyes:  And that wasn't as big a hassle as other things.

Whitefang

37 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I once owned a '63 Rambler Classic.   Got it to drive back and forth to work.   Was loud but ran fine.  Until it seized.   Was low on oil but the oil warning light didn't come on until two seconds before it froze.  Me and my brother tried changing the engine in it, but too many problems.  Seemed that to remove it from the bell housing is when we discovered AMC used three different bolt sizes to fasten it.  :rolleyes:  And that wasn't as big a hassle as other things.

Whitefang

When I was a kid, my girlfriend knew a woman who drove am AMC Metropolitan.

I don't recall why...but one day I had to drive it somewhere for something....and it was the easiest car I'd ever driven....I still think about it.

20 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

AMC 

AMC had some cool stuff.

The Javelin, the original Jeep Cherokee, not to mention the classic Wagoneer, the 4WD (with decent ground clearance) Eagle.

They were ahead of their time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Murph said:

AMC had some cool stuff.

The Javelin, the original Jeep Cherokee, not to mention the classic Wagoneer, the 4WD (with decent ground clearance) Eagle.

They were ahead of their time.

My brother had a Gremlin.... we made fun of it every time we saw it!

13 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

My brother had a Gremlin.... we made fun of it every time we saw it!

I had a cousin who put a 327 in a Gremlin and drag raced it.

Nobody made fun of him....

[thumbup]

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Murph said:

I had a cousin who put a 327 in a Gremlin and drag raced it.

Nobody made fun of him....

[thumbup]

I'd think not!    My cousins used to race a Henry-J Gasser at Fremont Drag Strip back in the early 60's.  I never saw them race (even though I lived in Fremont), but I used to see it at their house in Alameda....so not sure if they made fun of them at the strip.

HENRY-J?

Ha!  My Grandma used to have one of them.   

image-placeholder-title.jpg

An olive drab '51 with huge rust holes and no muffler.  Could hear her coming from five or six blocks away.  [wink]

Whitefang

My Mom & Dad always had the coolest Cars.. My Dad Cadillac’s or Lincoln’s.. My Mom always had something a little more Sporty.. 

One of my Favorites my Dad had was a Blue on Blue 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible… That Car was a beauty! And fast!

One of my favorites my Mom had was a White on White on White 1958 Ford Thunderbird.. Man, that Car was so futuristic!

Wish I had them both..

My favorite Car I still own.. It’s a Black 2005 Chev. Corvette.. It has Biege leather interior.. I had the factory Wheels Chromed by Corvette Mike’s in Orange County, Ca. Other than that it is completely Stock.. 400 HP is fast enough for me.. I ordered it new from Les Stanford Chev. In Detroit, Mi. to my specs & had it shipped to Calif.. It has always been Garaged in So Cal & all Service done at my local dealer.. Currently it has 23,000 miles on the Odo..  I took it out yesterday for a great cruise.. 

• Like 1