Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar collection - numbers and years of collection

retrosurfer1959

Hey Charlie' date='

Can you shed some light on the HD 6.0? How are they? Is it basically a guitar you can connect to your computer?[/quote']

Yes, the HD.6X is a basic (chambered) LP with 490R and 498T pickups to a standard jack output. All and all, that part plays and sounds like a standard LP.

What it adds is an additional bridge pickup of six "mini humbuckers" picking up the signal on each string. This signal is digitized for each string and sent out through Gibson's proprietary MaGIC output (basically an Ethernet cable that handles 32 bidirectional channels in the MaGIC format). Currently this signal is sent to a break out box (BoB) that converts it back to analog for input into your amp(s). The downside, and a shortcoming of this (but I bought it anyway), is that (currently) there is no way to send the digital signal directly into a computer -- you must input the analog signal and basically re-digitize it. I only have two inputs for this right now but I am getting a MOTU Ultralite to handle all six inputs. I have found that the output of the digital signal is well separated (suppose to be -90 dB) but is also very sensitive so can pick up stray signals if you aren't clean in your playing (of course, this also means great dynamic range.)

I am hoping the Gibson merger with the TC Group (is that official yet) will bring about some cool computer interfaces, but I don't expect anything for a while.

I hope to post some pix the weekend.

Charlie

I have a young daughter and figured one day she'd get a kick out of this. At least that's what I told my wife in order to get another guitar into the house.

kittypink.jpg

This christmas' date=' my wife bought me the matching black one...

[img']http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/2manyGuitars/Web%20guitars/kittyblack.jpg[/img]

My band has a gig coming up in 3 weeks. The other guitar player and I are going to both use them together on one song. Probably something fairly rockin', like Detroit Rock City. :D/

Have you though about the Avril Levign Telecaster? :)

those hello kitty guitars scare me. it's bad enought that they're a FENDER strat but then you go and put a fuzzy kitty on it. :) Just joking... kinda.

i have a

07 "Fervor" my gibson les paul vintage mahogany (she's my baby.)

I would rather have a few expensive guitars that i really want than a large assortment of cheaper guitars i don't really like and then a one or two guitars i really like. (although i guess 1 or 2 guitars i don't like are good for if i'm in a bad mood. :-({|= )

saying that the guitars i'd idealy like to be able to have in my lifetime are:

Gibson:

-**Songwriter Special** (black)

-Dg-335 (pelham blue)

-Firebird v (white)

-SG classic w/ p90s (customize with pelham blue and green albalone block inlays).

-Dove (black)

-Maybe a sg custom (white)

-hummingbird

Fender (yes i went there)

-Highway one telecaster or vintage american reissue (maple neck)

-Jaguar (blue and preferably american)

btw these are just dream guitars i'd be fine with the songwriter (acoustic) and few electrics.

Personally I have 5 as follows:

2007 Gibson Les Paul Classic

2004 Epiphone Les Paul Classic

G&L SB1 Bass

An acoustic guitar of questionable lineage, i.e. no identifying marks or stamps on it anywhere.

Johnson MA100 Mandolin

Don't know if some wouldn't consider the Mandolin a guitar, so I'll say "Stringed Instruments". My daughter's got a Squier Mini Strat, and my son has a Johnson Stratocopy, they both have their little 10 watters to piss off Mom with.

Amps would be my Marshall VS100RH Halfstack, and a Crate B20. Recording stuff is my Zoom MRS8, into my computer with Audacity, and the only effect I have is a Zoom 505II.

I have 10 but only one counts hahaha (and i know the others dont help to make it qualify as a "collection").

1.- Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Honey Burst.

2.- Epi Special fully modded

3.- Fender Showmaster QBT HH.

4.- DeArmond M75-t

5.- Peavey Wolfgang custom ST

6.- Ibanez rg750 (made in japan)

7.- Jackson Kelly (Ke3)

8.- A self made double neck that embarrases me hahahaha

9.- A Chiliquinga erquinto (one of the best acustics made in the world, made by master luthier Hugo Chiliquinga)

10.- An old fender mustang that doesnt work and havent had the time to work on.

I have a young daughter and figured one day she'd get a kick out of this. At least that's what I told my wife in order to get another guitar into the house.

kittypink.jpg

This christmas' date=' my wife bought me the matching black one...

[img']http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/2manyGuitars/Web%20guitars/kittyblack.jpg[/img]

My band has a gig coming up in 3 weeks. The other guitar player and I are going to both use them together on one song. Probably something fairly rockin', like Detroit Rock City. #-o/

Get her the pink one. I'd love to get the pink one as well for my wife. :D

Wow!! Some of you guys have REALLLLYYYY nice collections, but I understand that most of them come from YEARS of collecting I've been wheeling and dealing for 21 years. Heres mine:

'04 LP DC faded in cherry

late 40's Trailblazer lap steel by National

late 50's "Alden" Harmony stratotone variant

late 50's Regal 3/4 acoustic

1963 Fender Musicmaster

2 late 60's Kingston single coil jobies

early 70's Ventura Dan Armstrong copy

'88 Fender Stratocaster (mij)

Squier standard Telecaster

Squier '51

1978 Fender Twin Reverb

mid 90's? Fender Pro Jr.