Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Pic - end of an era

retrosurfer1959

Well it's finally happened I broke my last playable Gibson Tri-Pic guitar Pic. these were a pic that I started on in the 70's and have always loved has a thin a medium and a firm tip in the triangle shape, large easy to everything the perfect pic to me. I had a box full of them and over the years I would add them whenever I found them but tonight I broke my last one. ( I have one in my 58 case but won't use it.) I haven't been able to find them in years in either the white or black color. Damn I knew this day was coming but put it off for as long as possible.

IMG_2182.jpg

Oh well guess I'll have to pick something else now, shouldn't be too hard I have a few to choose from but nothing like a Gibson Tri-Pic anymore.

IMG_2173.jpg

Seeing how Gibson "reissues" every other damned thing, perhaps you could write to them and see if they're planning on reissuing those picks. If one person is into them, then there's a good chance that others are as well.

The ones on the right side of the box look like they would be better suited to pluck a piano then a guitar.

If you haven't tried them yet you need to Marc Brossard makes and sells these pics , you need to try them if you get a chance each one is a small furniture grade woodworking masterpiece in wood and bone. Play much maore alive then you would think. If you play with a heavy pick you'll like them.

http://www.brossardpicks.com/

Hey, I have a box of those... I bought it from a friend years ago and never used them

Just kidding... sorry.

Anyway, when did they stop making them? There are some shops around here that carry some really old stuff, maybe I can go there and snoop around... if I find some I would send them your way.

Hey' date=' I have a box of those... I bought it from a friend years ago and never used them

Just kidding... sorry.

Anyway, when did they stop making them? There are some shops around here that carry some really old stuff, maybe I can go there and snoop around... if I find some I would send them your way.[/quote']

thanks TGod you the man I bought my last new ones in a music store in 80-81 so they stopped making somewhere in there i guess. your teasing is what I can't help thinking about don't you know there are boxes of these somewhere out there collecting dust because somebody thought oh theses old things there nothing compared to the new day-glow pictures of demonic nuns this one has.

Archived