Gibson Brands Forums

Blur - The Narcissist

Rabs

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That was damn good. I used to have the one with the girl with the swim cap on with She's So High. I don't think the US got Blur. Isn't the one main guy in Gorillaz?

Yup. Damon Albarn..  I was never a huge fan of Blur but that have some good tunes.. Much prefer the Gorillaz stuff.. But yeah this is the first Blur album in many years...

Just now, Rabs said:

Yup. Damon Albarn..  I was never a huge fan of Blur but that have some good tunes.. Much prefer the Gorillaz stuff.. But yeah this is the first Blur album in many years...

I had the album (CD) of the one with them in the Jeep on the cover. 

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That one I didn't think was as good.

Its a grower if you ever hear it again. I was working in an office when this came out were we would all take turns playing music.. And someone played that tune nearly every day.

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Really didn't sound much different than that "new" one in the OP.

Blur?   Please post something by them when the get focused.  [cool]

Whitefang

They had quite a range... Like I said, not my favourite band but I like the odd tune here and there.

Edited by Rabs

26 minutes ago, Rabs said:

They had quite a range... Like I said, not my favourite band but I like the odd tune here and there.

On the "Woo Hoo" song you can tell that they are in some way connected to the Gorilllaz. 

On 5/20/2023 at 12:48 PM, Rabs said:

The Narcissist - the first single taken from the new album ‘The Ballad Of Darren’

Song is pretty good. The only other song from them I could have named off the top of my head was Song 2. When I saw the title of this song, I immediately thought it might be about...default_eusa_whistle.gif