Gibson Brands Forums

Solstice

rct

8 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Never been deeper into NC than Cherokee, just over the Smoky's from Tenn.  Was camping there with my folks in '69.  I can only say that part of the state was very beautiful.

Whitefang

SC is a beautiful state, then you meet the people. It will change your mind immediately, unless your an Orange Messiah disciple. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

The Asheville NC area is really nice but expensive.  Because it's so nice.

It's an hour or so over the mountain to here near Johnson City, TN.

At the state line, it's like night and day.  My wife went over to Asheville to see a Margaret Cho show the other night and the audience was like 90% nomsayn, and you get back over here and everybody's truck has nuts hanging off it and they have three cowboy hats on.  Their cowboy boots have little cowboy boot ornaments on the toes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

The Asheville NC area is really nice but expensive.  Because it's so nice.

It's an hour or so over the mountain to here near Johnson City, TN.

At the state line, it's like night and day.  My wife went over to Asheville to see a Margaret Cho show the other night and the audience was like 90% nomsayn, and you get back over here and everybody's truck has nuts hanging off it and they have three cowboy hats on.  Their cowboy boots have little cowboy boot ornaments on the toes.

Hashville, NC from what the locals say about it when I’ve talked to the ones that come to the NMB area of SC on vacation say it’s getting way over populated and the downtown Square is nothing but junkies and squatters.

Been there a few times. It’s a beautiful place. I’m sure most don’t know Jerry is dead yet. I think we should have a new holiday called Jerryteenth when they find out. Free weed and LSD for all.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

rct would feel right at home in this area. There are no true locals here. Everyone here is from NJ, NY, NE, and Pennsylvania. I’m sick of seeing Steelers and Patriot fans. I got lucky and my wife inherited a payed off house here. Wait maybe I’m really in hell and don’t know it yet.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

rct would feel right at home in this area. There are no true locals here. Everyone here is from NJ, NY, NE, and Pennsylvania. I’m sick of seeing Steelers and Patriot fans. I got lucky and my wife inherited a payed off house here. Wait maybe I’m really in hell and don’t know it yet.

lolz

I have been here in Harvest for going on 20 years.
Right near to Huntsville and Redstone Arsenal.
Boom-town.

Interesting place.
Lots of technology, and a lot going on with rocket & missile science, aviation testing, and a number of Universities.
Like Sarge said about his homestead, nobody here is from here.

In all my time living here, I have met exactly 14 people who are Huntsville born and raised.

Speaking of The Solstice, here are the dog tags I wore while flying Army helicopters for lo all those years.
(Until just a few months ago, when I hung up my flying spurs.)
😗

4cgJhQI.jpg

1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

Interesting place.
Lots of technology, and a lot going on with rocket & missile science, aviation testing, and a number of Universities.
Like Sarge said about his homestead, nobody here is from here.
😗

4cgJhQI.jpg

I still have mine from when I was a squid. The USCG didn’t issue me any.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper