Gibson Brands Forums

Suggestions for best Gibson Acoustic Electric under $2000.00...

Larsongs

7 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Lars,   here's one at an East Coast GC.   Great shape - but double your budget.    You should seriously consider looking for an opportunity to play another, just to ramp up the gas.     

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gibson/SJ200-Original-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.gc

That’s a beauty! I have to rethink my original $2000.00 goal.. I’m not seeing anything in that range that I want.. I’m going to advertise a few Guitars for Sale with local pick up & see if I can move some quickly.. 

The SJ-200’s are at the top of my list now..

2 hours ago, Larsongs said:

That’s a beauty! I have to rethink my original $2000.00 goal.. I’m not seeing anything in that range that I want.. I’m going to advertise a few Guitars for Sale with local pick up & see if I can move some quickly.. 

The SJ-200’s are at the top of my list now..

I've had five of them. One Koa, One Rosewood and a few Maples. I liked the maple the best. When I downsized a couple years ago, I figured if I missed them, I could always find a maple. I did miss them and got me a maple one earlier this year.

52722673055_6ba1d0155d_c.jpg

4 hours ago, Dave F said:

I've had five of them. One Koa, One Rosewood and a few Maples. I liked the maple the best. When I downsized a couple years ago, I figured if I missed them, I could always find a maple. I did miss them and got me a maple one earlier this year.

52722673055_6ba1d0155d_c.jpg

Looks great in Black! 

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I have had a maple for 15+ years - it is my best sounding guitar.  Better than any I've played anywhere.  But, I'm not anywhere close to being an expert.  

I definitely want to try the Maple SJ-200’s.. The seem to sound very Clean, Clear & Articulate.. Which, IMO, is a good thing..

I have a really great Spruce & Mahogany Gibson J-160E & a beautiful sounding 48 year old Martin D-35.. So Maple might make a lot of sense.. As far as color I’m open.. Sound comes first..

I should probably start a new Thread since, like so many other Threads, it’s drifted a long way from the Title Thread! LOL!

Edited by Larsongs