Gibson Brands Forums

If You Missed Out On The Blue One There Is A Red One Now

Sgt. Pepper

9 hours ago, Narwhal6 said:

So he infringes on copyrights by playing other people's music on his YouTube channel? 

Thanks Gibson for giving us a signature model of a cover band artist. 🙄

I think he is allowed to use artists actual music due to he is in a teaching environment.  He's talking music theory and explaining why the song is go good.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Like him or not, all the power to Rick. Working hard to provide regular content that talks about sophisticated musical stuff and what not. I don’t watch him really, but know what he’s all about. Ranting and teaching haha! He’s a good player too no doubt on piano AND guitar. And it seems to be pretty lucrative too keeping with the times to do something he loves - playing music - and making a living at it.  Apparently he’s even got his own signature Gibson which I would consider an accomplishment to be had. 

BFD.  So somebody is complaining that they don't like one of Gibson's guitars cause they don't like the guy who endorses it.  With all the stuff they've been through, we're lucky they're doing well.

You tell me.  If the regular yellow one was 1699 in 2016 and it was selling out like hotcakes then, and now it's 1799 and you can get one with a TOM birdge for 1999.  So send me one.  And thanks for reminding me how awesome they are.

55 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

BFD.  So somebody is complaining that they don't like one of Gibson's guitars cause they don't like the guy who endorses it.  With all the stuff they've been through, we're lucky they're doing well.

You tell me.  If the regular yellow one was 1699 in 2016 and it was selling out like hotcakes then, and now it's 1799 and you can get one with a TOM birdge for 1999.  So send me one.  And thanks for reminding me how awesome they are.

I believe I brought up this price thing, and what do you want me to tell? Seems like a jab and want to start an argument based on our past experiences here… Real adult of you if this be another round of saying mean, nasty things to each other… Repeat back what you wrote to me to yourself and think how you might feel if you received the feedback… hey maybe I misinterpreted you - benefit of the doubt. In this case pardon my interpretation of your comment which again, seems to address the points I brought up and no one else here. Appreciate the kindness 😁

I just looked and Rick has a bachelors degree in classical bass and a masters degree in Jazz  guitar studies. He has been a songwriter, session musician,  studio engineer, mixer and producer, He owns Black Dog Sound Studios. I just looked and 99.9% of the people he produced I've never heard of. One of the few I remember that I heard of was Shinedown, who I could  care less about.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 8/31/2023 at 5:27 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Well the dude who's name is on this one is a producer in Atlanta and he does and can play. Not sure if he was ever in a band I heard of. He is knowledgeable on music theory. But I could write what I know about it on the head of a pin. Basically he's a You Tube guy, who makes video's and tells us why the song is great. And rants about artist complaining about using  4 chords of their music, and  then some of his videos get taken down.

Oh I know Beato alright. I've watched quite a few of his TY stuff. I was talking about 90% of the artists who have a signature model. 

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

Oh I know Beato alright. I've watched quite a few of his TY stuff. I was talking about 90% of the artists who have a signature model. 

Slash has 90% of the sig models out there surly you have heard of that limey.

22 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I believe I brought up this price thing, and what do you want me to tell? Seems like a jab and want to start an argument based on our past experiences here… Real adult of you if this be another round of saying mean, nasty things to each other… Repeat back what you wrote to me to yourself and think how you might feel if you received the feedback… hey maybe I misinterpreted you - benefit of the doubt. In this case pardon my interpretation of your comment which again, seems to address the points I brought up and no one else here. Appreciate the kindness 😁

I wasn't talking about you or to you.  Sorry to offend.  There's probably a princess convention near you this weekend.  See you there.  I'll  be the one in the fuscia dress.