Gibson Brands Forums

3 pick up les pual with a flame inlay

Plmrcrcks

I have this guitar I know nothing about it but in all my years of playing music I have never seen anything like it. I have google for hours trying to find one like it and I have only ever found one imagine of a guy selling it for $12,000. I just want to know exactly what I have and what its value is. https://photos.app.goo.gl/FkevnDPQZprqMfhHA

It looks like a LP Supreme, similar to the 3-pickup models they made in 2014. 

However the board inlay, no SUPREME across the globe inlay on the headstock and no nibs raise a few questions, as does the headstock length.

I'm not convinced.

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2023 at 7:19 PM, jdgm said:

It looks like a LP Supreme, similar to the 3-pickup models they made in 2014. 

However the board inlay, no SUPREME across the globe inlay on the headstock and no nibs raise a few questions, as does the headstock length.

I'm not convinced.

Something does look off about it. Check to see what is under the TRC. If you have to use an Allen Wrench to tighten it, you may not want to hear who made it.

It does say Supreme across the Globe but it looks really awful. It might be just because I blew up the pic to look closer.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 1 month later...

Vaguely resembles the Custom Shop Les Paul Ultima.

But it also looks a LOT like one of the guitars that the Chinese discount site was selling for around $250, back in 2009.
My instinct is that it's the latter.
😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Vaguely resembles the Custom Shop Les Paul Ultima.

But it also looks a LOT like one of the guitars that the Chinese discount site was selling for around $250, back in 2009.
My instinct is that it's the latter.
😉

Based on the really bad looking inlay on the fb I tend to agree. If we had a closer look at the headstock front and back and a look inside the control cavities that would sure help but I'm thinking chinknockoff.

• Like 1