Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Les Paul Modern Lite

Rabs

On 11/3/2023 at 3:45 PM, sparquelito said:

Yes sir.
She just arrived a short while ago.

A fabulous guitar.
And at 6 lbs, 9 ounces, the lightest Les Paul I have ever owned or held.

Just tuned it up and gave it a shakedown cruise.
Loving it.
Slim tapered neck, smooth fret ends, and fantastic tones out of these pickups.

Really, nicely made.
Wish I had had it at the gig we played today.

More later.

🙂

B9EZXEL.jpg

That looks sharp! I went with the rose gold which looks good too, but the TV Wheat looks much better in your photos then I thought online. Happy NGD! 

• Thanks 1

The Pelham Blue and Cardinal Red are the two that are really tempting me. I can't really decide on which one, but I am probably going to wait a while. I already have three Les Pauls, and I just bought a second MESA amp, and it's time for my annual update to my Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual license... not to mention the fact that the holidays are right around the corner, so I need to watch the cash outlay. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to wind up with one of these eventually. 

On 11/5/2023 at 9:25 AM, Company Grip said:

Yes. Mine did have a poker chip in the black plastic bag. I’ll put a link for the video here in case anyone is curious to see it. 

Les Paul Modern Lite Deep Dive

My understanding is that they are all supposed to come with an unmounted poker chip somewhere in the gig bag. 

4 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

The Pelham Blue and Cardinal Red are the two that are really tempting me. I can't really decide on which one, but I am probably going to wait a while. I already have three Les Pauls, and I just bought a second MESA amp, and it's time for my annual update to my Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual license... not to mention the fact that the holidays are right around the corner, so I need to watch the cash outlay. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to wind up with one of these eventually. 

Have you been throwing hints to Santa about what guitar would look good under the tree?

15 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

Not Pehlam Blue but they are calling it Inverness Green Satin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 10:06 AM, Ceptorman said:

Have you been throwing hints to Santa about what guitar would look good under the tree?

Yeah, I'd LOVE a new 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue Limited Edition Murphy Lab Aged With Brazilian Rosewood (whew, that's a LONG name - lol).

It's going to be a tough year for the elves. 😉 

I very recently purchased a MESA/Boogie Mark Five: 25 head and 1x12 open back cabinet to go along with my Fillmore 25 for stereo, so that's my holiday present this year. But again, if the elves happen to pack one of those '59s into Santa's sleigh with my name on it, or even one of these cool Les Paul Modern Lites, I certainly wouldn't complain! 😆

28 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

One and the same.  [thumbup] 

I still post over on the DUC occasionally.

Would it surprise you that the last time you and I talked  was about 20 years ago I think. Of course, back then, I was “Captain Pants”. 😆 I still talk to Roy on occasion and some of the old cats from back in the day. Time flies!

Hope you’re doing well friend. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Company Grip said:

Would it surprise you that the last time you and I talked  was about 20 years ago I think. Of course, back then, I was “Captain Pants”. 😆 I still talk to Roy on occasion and some of the old cats from back in the day. Time flies!

Hope you’re doing well friend. 

You as well! Say hello to Roy for me the next time you talk to him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 10:47 PM, sparquelito said:

Oh, one thing.

The guitar came in this new Gibson black soft case.

I LOVE this case.
rct would love this.

😐

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Product/ASSFCASE-BLK/ASSFCASE-BLK

Big, sturdy, tough zippers on this bad boy.
Made to last.

So..  A month or so later. Hows it going with this guitar? 

Still impressed or just a gimmick? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I like it a lot.

We're playing a gig on Friday.

It'll be my main guitar.
That and the old Strat.

🙂

Nice..  Id be more interested I think if they did the Standard looking ones.. The ones I have seen in the past (the LP Less Plus etc), from the front you cant even tell its any different from a normal sized one... Maybe if these do well they will do some more.

Let us know how it performs at the gig 👍

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 5:19 PM, Rabs said:

So..  A month or so later. Hows it going with this guitar? 

Still impressed or just a gimmick? 

I gotta say, it's really a great guitar. I like it better than the brand new Studio Modern that is releasing soon, to be honest. Even with that studios Phase-reversal, solo switch, and coil tapping abilities, I find the Modern Lite to just be a no frills / no BS / rocker. Super comfortable, super good sounding, super solid! 

It didn't even occur to me until recently that it's pretty much the same build as the 2014 Melody Makers. Probably same tooling. Difference being those had a fat 50's and these are obviously Slim taper. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2