Gibson Brands Forums

Robby Krieger SG

daveinspain

I looked at it this morning. I'm sure it is one fine guitar. Mr. Kregier was a great SG player.

I couldn't help but think after i saw it was a "relic" though, that Fender has been doing "Relic" guitars for a while, and it seems that "Relic" guitars are now all the rage. And, I suppose the advertising guys know that there is a market for them.

However...

When will cats learn though that "Mojo" (I mean REAL Mojo,) can't be relic'd. Every nick, scratch, changed part that YOU put on your axe is "Earned" not made in a factory somewhere! That's REAL Mojo.

You live it. You don't manufacture it!

I have no idea, what they are asking, but I can only imagine the price tag.

That said, I still think the Gibson SG is one of, if not THE greatest guitar ever produced!

Of course you won't see this thread in the newsletter emails though.

Yeah really' date=' can I have my new guitar pre-beat up please and oh by the way pay extra to get it that way?

I don't get it . . . :- [/quote']

If it's a replica of someones guitar, I can understand. But if it's just "Reliced" or Pre-Screwed Up you can have it. Especially the new Fender Road Worn, they sound nice with the Tex Mex PUs and Plays nice, but it looks like a stage prop. I'll take a Jimmy Vaughan Strat over a Road worn anyday.

Actually what made me so happy about this release is that guitar looks exactly like my 1971 SG Standard Lyre Maestro... It even has the crappy horn bevel job my 71 has and its an $8000 plus guitar.... I just had my real estate go up... =D>

My 71

DSC01776.jpg

Archived