Gibson Brands Forums

Would you trade in a Squire stratocaster CV 60 for a fender Vintera 60 ?

hello there folks  after i sold i fender player i would like to pick up a Vintera 60  but i also have a little Squire Cv60  which plays  beautifully despite the price and   the quality of the guitar is awesome , would you change this one for a Vintera  60 adding an extra amount of 500 bucks .

cheers 

https://ibb.co/H729YnK

https://ibb.co/WyZgC4w

Marco,

If you have the opportunity to play the Fender Vintera 60,  please do.
And play it carefully and thoroughly.
Don't let the seller rush you.

The reality is that any brand or model of electric guitar has a good chance of being a great guitar if it was made on a Wednesday morning, but an equally good chance of being a horrible guitar if made on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

Don't make this trade via long-distance, that's what I am saying.

😉

• Like 1

I Second that motion, nor could I have said it better myself.  (I am referring to sparquelito's advice. ) I love inexpensive guitars that play at A+ levels, and I own more that a few of them. But I always look at it this way; Top tier guitars from reputable makers play at A to A+ levels, but there will always be a few out there that play at B or less than B levels. Inexpensive and/or entry level guitars should be expected to play at B or less than B levels, but there will always be a few out there that play at A to A+ levels. It's kind of an inverse relationship. I would hate to see you sell a known A to A+ guitar for one that may lack the same quality. (The devil you know, and all that.)

10 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

I Second that motion, nor could I have said it better myself.  (I am referring to sparquelito's advice. ) I love inexpensive guitars that play at A+ levels, and I own more that a few of them. But I always look at it this way; Top tier guitars from reputable makers play at A to A+ levels, but there will always be a few out there that play at B or less than B levels. Inexpensive and/or entry level guitars should be expected to play at B or less than B levels, but there will always be a few out there that play at A to A+ levels. It's kind of an inverse relationship. I would hate to see you sell a known A to A+ guitar for one that may lack the same quality. (The devil you know, and all that.)

Which is why you should play before buying.. Keep in mind the Vintera is MIM not USA… 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 3:25 PM, Larsongs said:

Which is why you should play before buying.. Keep in mind the Vintera is MIM not USA… 

It's weird, I don't think I've ever played a MIM or a MII where I had an issue with the fretwork. I've played a NUMBER of MIC Epis recently with really bad fretwork, As much as we rag on Gibson for their QC, I've come across some disastrous Epis in the last few years.

They're probably running their workers ragged to keep up with demand.

Edited by Pinch

I picked up a 50s Vintera in 2020,  sounds good, good body weight, but CRAP hardware, floppy trem, cheap saddles, overall the body and paint were good but cheap feeling stuff on it, Id say keep your squire and shoot for a US strat....