Gibson Brands Forums

Small Gibson Acoustic Forum World

I stopped into Fuller's Guitar today to see what was new in the Gibson room and recognized a familiar face.  What a surprise to run into none other than Juan Carlos Vejar.  What a treat to meet up with a fellow forum member.  We ended up grabbing dinner and a couple beers while nerding out over all things Gibson acoustics.  Great time!

FsctOr8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

It's like shooting fish in a barrel to catch a forumite in that room. And it must've been a fun moment, after the two of you were talking, to realize that you were both Forum people.

Thanks to you, and to JCV for sharing, too.

ps- what's up with that koa J-45's top? Is that crazy bear claw?

4 hours ago, 62burst said:

It's like shooting fish in a barrel to catch a forumite in that room. And it must've been a fun moment, after the two of you were talking, to realize that you were both Forum people.

Thanks to you, and to JCV for sharing, too.

ps- what's up with that koa J-45's top? Is that crazy bear claw?

Amazingly, JCV lives in another country and just happened to be there when I showed up.  What are the chances of that?  Crazy!

I didn't even notice the bear claw on that one!  Honestly, I checked out very few guitars while I was there.  Once we started talking, the nerdiness took over.  I did buy an Epiphone IBG Hummingbird (made in Indonesia) while there.  This is my second.  Wish I never sold the first.  Been looking for something with a poly finish for sharing/camping/beach/pool trips that I don't have to worry about as much as my Gibsons.  

12 minutes ago, thegreatgumbino said:

Amazingly, JCV lives in another country and just happened to be there when I showed up.  What are the chances of that?  Crazy!

Pretty high cause it happened and we have pics of the proof.

It was wonderful to hang with a like minded and passionate    spirit .

It’s fantastic  when life provides the opportunity to spend time  with  someone as nice as gumbino who is indeed worthy of the prefix “ the great” in his name.

He went home with an Epiphone Inspired by Hummingbird  in Natural which conjured up images of The Stones at Nellcote  back in the 70s.

I was in to get some accessories.

JC

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar
  • Like 3