Gibson Brands Forums

Break Dancing as an Olympic sport

4 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

In Women's Gymnastics -  the  Floor Exercise  is like 'break dancing'.   Maybe the East German 'women' are pushing this. 

East Germany is no longer its own country, it's just Germany now. Where you been?

The Olympic's have a long-standing tradition of including obscure sporting events:

Tug o' War

Rope Climbing, keeping the rope theme going.

Plunge for distance

Obstacle Swimming

Artistic Swimming

Race Walking

and the most insane competition .... Pistol Dueling.

However, the Olympic competitions of Live Pigeon Shooting and Poodle Clipping were once the golden dreams of many during the 1900 Paris Olympics.

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2024 at 2:40 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

East Germany is no longer its own country, it's just Germany now. Where you been?

That explains that framed piece of spray painted concrete I have had hanging in my home for 25 years with the little brass plaque that reads "Berlin Wall  1961 - 1989". 

59 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

That explains that framed piece of spray painted concrete I have had hanging in my home for 25 years with the little brass plaque that reads "Berlin Wall  1961 - 1989". 

I haven’t been to your house so I’ll take you at your word you have that.

13 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

What about underwater basket weaving?

When I was in college, there offered Intertube Water Polo. I kid you not. A lot of the schools team Water Polo players took it. So it wasn't that fun. 

When I was in Jr. High School, I was on the basketball team and in the band. 

The band was going to play at a basketball game, and I had to make a decision. I quit the basketball team, and that was the last team sport I ever played. But I got first sax in the all-state band every year that I was eligible to compete.

Growing up in Florida, I did a lot of skin and scuba diving. I was measured diving 65 feet deep without an air tank. I don't know if could do that now, I haven't been diving in decades, because I hate to see the damage the warm water has done to the reefs.

But I never did underwater basket weaving, either as a sport or a hobby.

Notes ♫