Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody go to the NAMM Show this year?

I went.

Spent four days there. I had a great time. Saw lots of amazing guitarists and other musicians.

Met some pedal builders too.  Since that was what I was looking for, I got to try a lot of different pedals.

Met Matteo Mancuso also.  Talk about an amazing guitarist.  Check out these videos.  Be sure and watch his right hand technique.  Simply out of this world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Californiaman said:

I went.

Spent four days there. I had a great time. Saw lots of amazing guitarists and other musicians.

Met some pedal builders too.  Since that was what I was looking for, I got to try a lot of different pedals.

Met Matteo Mancuso also.  Talk about an amazing guitarist.  Check out these videos.  Be sure and watch his right hand technique.  Simply out of this world.

Out of this world! Not even Nostradamus saw it coming. 🤓
(Prediction: 5 years from now, everyone will be doing it this way.)

19 hours ago, Californiaman said:

I went.

WOW. 

That guy is good!!

🙂

• Like 1

Yeah, Matteo can play.  Many in the guitar community are starting to say he's the best.  That's a big statement for a kid not even 30.

He had an audience every time he played.  I was fortunate enough to catch him away just checking out the the vendors at NAMM.  He's very blessed.

Was lucky enough to go to the NAMM show at McCormick Place in Chicago in 1986 (I think). I had just turned 16, and was blown away at every turn there. Got to hear and meet George Lynch, and a few other artists. I did not really understand the "Cool Factor" associated with the guy I took the picture with below. My friend and I talked with Floyd for at least 30 min. at what I learned later was his booth. He was down to earth and a tech head like me. Below is another picture taken at his booth of Andy Timmons playing Rose's active pick up designed "sustainer". (sorry for the blurry pic. It was before digital, and taken on 35mm FILM!) 

NCh0ZQB.jpg?11KOtAIm.jpg?1

Edited by Sheepdog1969