Gibson Brands Forums

New 2024 Gibson J180 Everly

New Gibson J180 Everly

Looks like these have a darker tortoise  pick guard compared to the Cat Stevens limited run and last production run of Billie Joe J180s. Still very different than the original 60s Everly model which they’ll probably never do.  It has a custom shop decal and it’s being referred in the video as a limited production run and priced accordingly.

• Like 1

This guitar is worth the price.  I got mine the morning it was released and the quality is superb!  I have waited a long time for Gibson to make this guitar again.  I can not find anything negative about this guitar.  Last year I had a M2M J180 guitar made from Gibson, based off the Everly Brothers model.  I had a mustache bridge put on it with the star inlays.  I just couldn't have the Everly name on the truss rod.  Thank you Gibson for making the J180 Everly Brothers guitar again.  I was lucky back in the late 90's to see the Everly Brothers do a one off concert at the Ryman in Nashville.  I had the 2nd row seat right in the middle.  Albert Lee and Vince Gill were part of the back up band for them.  What a fantastic show the Everly Brothers put on with those famous J180 guitars they played.

• Like 1

The quality is there on these guitars.  I just wished there was some cool case candy with it.  Just the standard polishing cloth, pick key chain holder, certificate of authenticity.  I would have liked to have something like guitar picks with the Everly Brothers signature on them, or a photo with them playing these guitars.  Oh well, at least I have the guitar!😊

Interesting... Epiphone just released a J180 LS without the pickguard, mahogany bs and neck, and has a 25.5" scale length which is what I'm assuming "LS" stands for.  

I wonder why they didn't at least go with maple and a 24.75" to have feature parity with Gibson...?

1 hour ago, groovadelic said:

Interesting... Epiphone just released a J180 LS without the pickguard, mahogany bs and neck, and has a 25.5" scale length which is what I'm assuming "LS" stands for.  

I wonder why they didn't at least go with maple and a 24.75" to have feature parity with Gibson...?

I think you just answered your own question. 

Have a good look at the top on the Epi- the black finish. (?)

Someone will come along and find that guitar to be just what they were looking for.

2 hours ago, gearbasher said:

Besides the ebony 180-LS, why did they choose those other horrible colors?  I could see the ebony and, maybe, white, red or a burst.

Mean while the swifties are saying, “ Why did they put that horrible ebony one in that line up?”

Here's the full line of colors.

image.png.33342a1fddfc2fde81fbc98a167a3563.png

Edited by Dave F

Gibson are pushing this previously rare model of their back catalog hard, which is surprising to see these days. Gibson modernized the specs in the 1990s already, and Epiphone made something else entirely again under the same moniker, probably for a new generation. I just hope it pays off.

Edited by Leonard McCoy