Gibson Brands Forums

Can You Guess Who Just Got A Sig Guitar, Not Slash, Okay It’s Slash

12 hours ago, mrichard27 said:

Next will be the Slash SG...  Then the Slash Firebird...  Then the Slash Flying V....  And then, for the grand finale - the Slash Thunderbird bass...  

The Slash Firebird has already been done. They made a limited run of 25 (IIRC) Custom Shop ones. Epiphone also did a limited run of 1,000, of which 100 were signed by Slash. I did a review of one when I was at Harmony Central. https://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-slash-firebird-r710/

While he's known as primarily a Les Paul player, his guitar collection (as covered in the The Collection: Slash video, as well as The Collection: Slash coffee table book) extends way beyond just Les Pauls, or even just Gibsons. 

The Collection video series is really worth watching if you're a guitar nerd. My favorite is probably The Collection: Mike Campbell

23 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

The Slash Firebird has already been done. They made a limited run of 25 (IIRC) Custom Shop ones. Epiphone also did a limited run of 1,000, of which 100 were signed by Slash. I did a review of one when I was at Harmony Central. https://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/guitars/epiphone-limited-edition-slash-firebird-r710/

While he's known as primarily a Les Paul player, his guitar collection (as covered in the The Collection: Slash video, as well as The Collection: Slash coffee table book) extends way beyond just Les Pauls, or even just Gibsons. 

The Collection video series is really worth watching if you're a guitar nerd. My favorite is probably The Collection: Mike Campbell

A video of all my guitars wound take less than 2 minutes.

15 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

A video of all my guitars wound take less than 2 minutes.

Some of these famous players–folks like Clapton, Slash, Bonamassa, etc.–literally have hundreds of guitars. I only have about thirty, and only a couple of them are really noteworthy from a collectability standpoint, so it wouldn't take long for my video, either. 

17 hours ago, Rabs said:

Yup.. It was kind of obvious..

Rabs, March 11, 2024, "Also does this mean that we are going to soon see a Slash signature 335 ?"

Sheepdog (me) March 13, 2024 "Gibson may have wanted to pimp their 335's a bit to offset the consumer swing to their Epi line, with this "shocking" Slash 335 advertisement. Or am I being to cynical??? "

Dexcb March 13, 2024  " I think it is unlikely that we will see a signature slash ES-335."

1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

To be fair, Gibson actually tried to market some Signature guitars that weren't Slash models. 

But they just didn't sell for some reason. 
😔

Ej3c6Zv.jpg

Kerry King of Slayer would rock the hell out of that.

1 hour ago, tx-ogre said:

Looks like Slash is competing with Taylor Swift for the “Over-Exposure of the Year Award.”

He will never catch up to her in that category.

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

He will never catch up to her in that category.

True ‘dat.  When it comes to over-exposure, nobody can compete with TS.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

Looks like Slash is competing with Taylor Swift for the “Over-Exposure of the Year Award.”

Nah, he’s got lots of work to do go get more coverage then her. A close second is the female, now WNBA player who went to Iowa University, or is it the University Of Iowa.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

True ‘dat.  When it comes to over-exposure, nobody can compete with TS.

I hear she sells a lot of records. More than bands that haven’t existed for almost 30 years. 

Slash just gets a sig guitar ever two weeks, take that Taylor. 

Why is Cesar Gerkin Pickle not capitalizing on her popularity and pumping out Taylor sig sparkly acoustics and LP’s? And T M reliced ones too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nah, he’s got lots of work to do go get more coverage then her. A close second is the female, now WNBA player who went to Iowa University, or is it the University Of Iowa.

Clark is so popular that the Indiana Fever had 13k people show up for a pre season game! That's incredible. At least young kids are looking up to someone that has some integrity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Clark is so popular that the Indiana Fever had 13k people show up for a pre season game! That's incredible. At least young kids are looking up to someone that has some integrity. 

I’ve seen one female WNBA coach is not happy with her over exposure, and mentioned there are other players and teams in the league besides her and the one she is on. Women are mean. 

22 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’ve seen one female WNBA coach is not happy with her over exposure, and mentioned there are other players and teams in the league besides her and the one she is on. Women are mean. 

Yea she has gotten a lot of insults and bad speculation from other players in the league. She did score more points than any player in college history, even passed Pete Maravich!

"A 6' tall white girl will never make it in the NBA"

Her exposure will only help the league, and will increase pay to the players.

Her rookie contract is 76k a year. She is currently negotiating with Nike, they offered her 28 million a year for a deal with them. She will have her own shoe!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea she has gotten a lot of insults and bad speculation from other players in the league. She did score more points than any player in college history, even passed Pete Maravich!

"A 6' tall white girl will never make it in the NBA"

Her exposure will only help the league, and will increase pay to the players.

Her rookie contract is 76k a year. She is currently negotiating with Nike, they offered her 28 million a year for a deal with them. She will have her own shoe!

Hell yeah if Nike wants to pay me 28 mil, I could care less what my rookie salary is.

28 mil buys a lot if guitar strings.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper