Gibson Brands Forums

Can You Guess Who Just Got A Sig Guitar, Not Slash, Okay It’s Slash

Posted (edited)

https://www.musicradar.com/news/slash-has-a-new-signature-gibson-guitar-and-its-an-es-335

Seriously, is he the only player on planet Earth?

Get it now only 50 made, probably all are already sold.

NO sig ES-345 for Bill Nelson, when I think ES’s my mind immediately goes to Slash.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

They're still taking orders.

I like the sound of the ES very much, and this 1963 was "killer" on KILLING FLOOR.
However, there is a Bigsby. On an ES! Not a great fan, it reminds me of WW-1 artillery hardware. Or on a TELE. If players want vibrato-tremolo, they can always get a pedal for that. So what's the use of a Bigsby... besides tuning in-stability? 🤠

1 hour ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

They're still taking orders.

I like the sound of the ES very much, and this 1963 was "killer" on KILLING FLOOR.
However, there is a Bigsby. On an ES! Not a great fan, it reminds me of WW-1 artillery hardware. Or on a TELE. If players want vibrato-tremolo, they can always get a pedal for that. So what's the use of a Bigsby... besides tuning in-stability? 🤠

My BB King was the best electric I ever owned. Whammy bars are for Steve Via and that guy from Dragon Force.

“Gibson has now built a fantastic replica of this extraordinary guitar. Same dot neck, Bigsby tremolo, and finish. You have to check it out.”

Note to Slash: that's not a dot neck.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

$1500 a pop x 50, is not bad days work for putting your name on something you didn’t even build.

If you do the math 10% is  $75,000. 15% is more.

I just looked you get a signed album and coffee table book. So it’s a steal.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

“Gibson has now built a fantastic replica of this extraordinary guitar. Same dot neck, Bigsby tremolo, and finish. You have to check it out.”

Note to Slash: that's not a dot neck.

The top hat was obstructing his view.

15 minutes ago, mrichard27 said:

Next will be the Slash SG...  Then the Slash Firebird...  Then the Slash Flying V....  And then, for the grand finale - the Slash Thunderbird bass...  

Firebird has been done. He’s had tons of LP’s, a Firebird, an EDS-1275 and now the ES-335. I may be missing 4 or 5 tho, so correct me if I missed any.

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My BB King was the best electric I ever owned. Whammy bars are for Steve Via and that guy from Dragon Force.

Steve Vai? That's another thing on my DON'T EVER list: Floyd Rose. You wouldn't catch me with a guitar with that contraption on it, no sir! 😅

Posted (edited)

In addition, buyers will receive a collection of case candy that includes a signed copy of Slash's new album, Orgy of the Damned, a signed copy of The Collection: Slash coffee table book, and a Certificate of Authenticity, and will be invited to attend an exclusive VIP experience at the Gibson Garage Nashville, where Slash and his Blues Band will treat fans to an intimate live performance and signing event.

I was kind of hoping for maybe a spare set of strings and a couple of guitar picks.

Maybe next time.

Edited by SteveFord
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

At least his name isn't visible anywhere on the instrument.

Two original '63s with the trem are available on Reverb for 24K and 29K. So, this one is a steal.

Edited by gearbasher

4 hours ago, IanHenry said:

Has anyone else got bored with both Slash and his signature guitars, it's all becoming old hat, as they say 🙂

Gibson hasn’t, and they shove a new one down our throat weekly. The Jessica just came out a week or so ago, now this. 

2 hours ago, gearbasher said:

At least his name isn't visible anywhere on the instrument.

Two original '63s with the trem are available on Reverb for 24K and 29K. So, this one is a steal.

Yeah but those are vintage and over 60 years old. 

10 minutes ago, duane v said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm waiting for Gibson Les Paul Standard EVH Signature Series. I'll but that in a hot second.

EVH_LP2.jpeg

EVH_LP.png

Hey Ed, your guitar is missing something. It’s hard to put my finger on it. What could it be?