Gibson Brands Forums

The Roberts Sisters

Hi

We are the Roberts Sisters and would love to know how to get Gibson to sponsor us. We have been singing at Dollywood for nearly 2 years and are also signed by Sweetsong Nashville. We are singer songwriters and have written several songs that will appear on our next EP. We both play Gibson instruments and meet and greet over 20 thousand guests a day at Dollywood. Our goal is to be signed by Gibson Guitars and promote Gibson to our guests. Our Father is a disabled Vietnam Veteran and he supports us everyday but we fear he will not be able to do so much longer and we would love to have Gibson show the confidence in use he has. we are not looking for financial support (maybe an instrument now and then) just to be able to tell our guests that Gibson sponsors us and believe-s in us. We really hope to hear from Gibson soon.

Ayiana and Anaia Roberts

The-Roberts-Sisters on Instagram and Facebook

Hi, congrats on your success.  Tbh, This is just a fan forum and rarely monitored by anyone official at Gibson.  One of the mods may be able to point you more directly, but I recommend  going through the regular channels at Gibson corporate. You also might have more success if someone up the chain at Dollywood contacts them on your behalf since Gibson likely gets hundreds of inquiries like this.   

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Next time you’re at Sweet Song Nashville, pop on in the Gibson factory and give them your pitch.

The factory is not open to the public, and no longer does public tours, so that isn't going to work for them. 

16 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

The factory is not open to the public, and no longer does public tours, so that isn't going to work for them. 

I know it’s known as sarcasm. 

So I couldn’t just strut into Gibson and knock on Cesar’s door? 

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know it’s known as sarcasm. 

*I* know that, and *you* know that, but they might not catch that since they're new. 🙂

So I couldn’t just strut into Gibson and knock on Cesar’s door? 

*I* can't even strut into Gibson HQ (unannounced) and knock on Cesar's door, so I seriously doubt you would be able to do so. 😉 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

*I* know that, and *you* know that, but they might not catch that since they're new. 🙂

*I* can't even strut into Gibson HQ (unannounced) and knock on Cesar's door, so I seriously doubt you would be able to do so. 😉 

Once again sarcasm. 

None of us on this forum know how high or low you are in Gibson’s food chain. All we know is you’re a mod and an employee. 

I’ll bet Slash has master keys to the entire building.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Once again sarcasm. 

None of us on this forum know how high or low you are in Gibson’s food chain. All we know is you’re a mod and an employee. 

Was that sarcasm too ?      Newbies Need to Know !

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Not just the keys to the Gibson headquarters, but also to each of the craftories, the warehouses, and even to the corporate Lear jet, volcano lair, and retreat center in Hawaii. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Phil OKeefe said:

Not just the keys to the Gibson headquarters, but also to each of the craftories, the warehouses, and even to the corporate Lear jet, volcano lair, and retreat center in Hawaii. 

Sound about right. I’ll bet there will be 7 new Slash sig models by years end. He seems to be the only one that gets ‘em. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I ignore most artist model bs myself. Swear to God, if my life had gone differently and I was in a position to be offered a signature model, I would refuse it. What jollies would I get knowing people were paying big money to play a guitar set up to MY liking? Yes I’ve owned dozens of Les Pauls but I don’t consider that to be a signature model, given what little influence Les actually had on it. I could be suckered into wanting an old Gretch Chet Atkins but that’s my one slip. I never even bought a Guild Roy Buchanan model in the 80s and I have serious hero worship for him. Not enough to buy a guitar just because he has his name on it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

😄 Since I can’t “like” your posts.  Good one!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

I ignore most artist model bs myself. Swear to God, if my life had gone differently and I was in a position to be offered a signature model, I would refuse it. What jollies would I get knowing people were paying big money to play a guitar set up to MY liking? Yes I’ve owned dozens of Les Pauls but I don’t consider that to be a signature model, given what little influence Les actually had on it. I could be suckered into wanting an old Gretch Chet Atkins but that’s my one slip. I never even bought a Guild Roy Buchanan model in the 80s and I have serious hero worship for him. Not enough to buy a guitar just because he has his name on it. 

Isn't a LP a sig model? Its got Les Paul's name on it so anyone that has one has a sig model. A Slash LP is a double sig model. 

Best electric guitar I ever owned was a BB King sig model. I hated the huge BB King on the head stock, but after about 5 seconds of playing it I forgot it was there. 

Posted (edited)

Have any of the Ford fans here been on the Ford Forum, and asked to get a job with them causes they know there way around the buisness end of wrench? Its that how getting a job works. The last bunch of jobs I had I applied of on the companies site, not their forum. 

Being the helpful guy I am, here is a link to what jobs are open at your favorite guitar maker.

https://www.indeed.com/q-gibson-guitar-jobs.html?aceid=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6uWyBhD1ARIsAIMcADqy6F7IEes580Gs2zq31Y1m9ss7kWmVfy3gGcZYaJf_aylXKb0fjJcaAoT3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&vjk=5bc5c6161442a6b8

Second Shift Buffer is open if anyone is interested, sounds fun buffing guitars for 8 straight from 3 pm - 11 pm.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

54 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Have any of the Ford fans here been on the Ford Forum, and asked to get a job with them causes they know there way around the buisness end of wrench? Its that how getting a job works. The last bunch of jobs I had I applied of on the companies site, not their forum. 

Being the helpful guy I am, here is a link to what jobs are open at your favorite guitar maker.

https://www.indeed.com/q-gibson-guitar-jobs.html?aceid=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6uWyBhD1ARIsAIMcADqy6F7IEes580Gs2zq31Y1m9ss7kWmVfy3gGcZYaJf_aylXKb0fjJcaAoT3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&vjk=5bc5c6161442a6b8

Second Shift Buffer is open if anyone is interested, sounds fun buffing guitars for 8 straight from 3 pm - 11 pm.

I actually thought “Scraper” sounded seriously intriguing.  Maybe in my retirement…It would be a refreshing change from the only other job I’d be qualified for…😆

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Phil OKeefe said:

But the volcano lair? Totally believable! 😄 

I knew you were pulling my 3rd leg from the first word. Seriously, can Gibson get another guitar player to be an ambassador? Slash is a great player, but he interests me 0%. G N R didn't even put out that many albums. I think Slash as a solo artist has made more. At least not what I consider G N R. The Axl Rose solo album Chinese Democracy was not a G N R album in my book, and was weak. I really don't like A F D either. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper