Gibson Brands Forums

Why have the Gods cursed me with no money?

i was at a Guitar Store with one of my friends and i was looking at the Les Pauls and i asked the salesman if he had any Honey bursts and he told me no but that he could get me one new and mailed to my house in a Box so i jokingly told him if he paid for the shipment and cut the price i would take it so he goes to his Manager and asks if he could do that and amazingly enough he comes back and says they were willing to take 500 off the asking price and would charge no tax but the thing is i did not have no money and i will not have the money for a while. :o ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :o ](*,)

i was at a Guitar Store with one of my friends and i was looking at the Les Pauls and i asked the salesman if he had any Honey bursts and he told me no but that he could get me one new and mailed to my house in a Box so i jokingly told him if he paid for the shipment and cut the price i would take it so he goes to his Manager and asks if he could do that and amazingly enough he comes back and says they were willing to take 500 off the asking price and would charge no tax but the thing is i did not have no money and i will not have the money for a while. ](*' date=') '](*,) :o ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :o ](*,)

You'd get shot for the same thing in the US. 730_machine_gun_shooting_smiley.gif

I once got an icecream van guy to count out £1.50 of 1p sweets than ran away. (150 sweets)

I bet i woulda got shot for that in the US. lol ;o)

P.s i was around 9 or 10. This wasn't a recent thing lol.

Dunno if you can still get 1p sweets?

I once got an icecream van guy to count out £1.50 of 1p sweets than ran away. (150 sweets)

I bet i woulda got shot for that in the US. lol ;o)

P.s i was around 9 or 10. This wasn't a recent thing lol.

Dunno if you can still get 1p sweets?

Your not that old...I remember half penny sweets!

Holy Hand Grenade....This is a fine example of DON'T PAY THE TICKET PRICE!! most shops will play with the price!

Flight959

The Gods curse us all with no money.

We have to go "earn" some.

There's your answer.

Murph my friend you are so full of wisdom but my money is to busy buying the royal family all the luxurious things they have that i do not have none left for me, Would you send me some cash?

Remember Support your Allies!!!

Murph my friend you are so full of wisdom but my money is to busy buying the royal family all the luxurious things they have that i do not have none left for me' date=' Would you send me some cash?

Remember Support your Allies!!![/quote']

I'd love to, my brother across the pond, but I'm afraid all of our wealth is being stolen to support business being managed by crooks.

They are literally stealing American dollars faster than they can print them.

I see a bad moon rising.

Murph.

I'd love to' date=' my brother across the pond, but I'm afraid all of our wealth is being stolen to support business being managed by crooks.

I see a bad moon rising.

Murph.

[/quote']

What's REALLY fun is the same people in charge of spending it are also in charge of printing it. What a great country!

Umm young grasshoppers i got a job actually two i just did not have the money on me at the moment, If You would have read the post instead of asserted your false allegations you would have noticed the part that says i would not have the money for a while.

I am not complaining about being broke i just feel bad that i had to pass on such a good deal because i did not have the money.

Your not that old...I remember half penny sweets!

Flight959

I most certainly do remember ha-penny sweets,

Fruit Salads and Blackjacks ,

I just wasn't old enough to know the prank at that point though..

Just for the record im 37 yrs young, so your right in im not that old. :))

A bag of chips was 12p back then too. Damn inflation, they are about £1.50 now

I'd love to' date=' my brother across the pond, but I'm afraid all of our wealth is being stolen to support business being managed by crooks.

I see a bad moon rising.

Murph.

[/quote']

Murph we must fight united as Allies.

I am not complaining about being broke i just feel bad that i had to pass on such a good deal because i did not have the money.

Along those same lines, I've passed on more killer deals than I can count simply because I refuse to use credit.

If I ain't got the cash on me, I can't afford it.

That simple.

And this is coming from an Emo that idolizes a suicidal pathetic junkie? Something tells me not to take you seriously.

Emo? Idolize? Why did you make the post? Are we supposed to feel sorry for you? You wasted a salesmans time by haggling for a guitar you couldn't even afford in the first place.

Not sure who to side with here....

:-)

As much as I had courtesy and consideration for others beat into my head as a kid, I often feel sales people are exempt.

Seems they lack those same values when they approach me, eh?

Personally, I don't 'waste' their time.

I'll talk to them, but I NEVER lead them to believe I'm buying anything - even if I intend to.

They can excuse themselves and go about their business anytime they wish.

Still, some follow me around like slobbering dogs.

Kinda irritating.

Archived