Gibson Brands Forums

Should I be worried that the Music Zoo hasn't heard back from the Gibson CS regarding my M2M order?

@Sgt. Pepper @PrairieDog @NighthawkChris @'Scales @Larsongs

I apologize if I seem ignorant on these matters. This is my very first M2M order through a dealer.

I thought an invoice and a receipt are the same thing. And I didn't know that an invoice # is similar to an order #.

Rick at MZ quoted me $6099 for the entire build via email. And in a separate email, he confirmed that the CS had received my order.

Neither the quote nor the confirmation were given to me in an official document from the MZ store. My invoice had only "LP Custom Order Deposit" in the itemized section, which only tells me that MZ had received my $1200 deposit.

Again, the reason I got worried is that there was no documented confirmation of the CS's receipt of my order and no physical bill with the quote. I only got Rick's emails and an invoice stating that I had paid MZ a 20% deposit.

Once more, sorry guys.

• Thanks 1

Should I be worried that the Music Zoo hasn't heard back from the Gibson CS regarding my M2M order?

No.     Once you get your guitar.  No matter how long it takes.  

we would like to see it.  

@Jericho-79 no need to apologize at all. Regardless if M2M is something I would do or not, I always hope that respectful individuals such as yourself get what they want and enjoy for years to come. And as @slimt said, we all want to see it!!! I hope it turns out great and there are no issues whatsoever. 

On 6/23/2024 at 11:57 AM, slimt said:

Once you get your guitar.  No matter how long it takes.  

we would like to see it.  

I'll be optimistic about Rick saying that it'll be less than 6 months more of a wait. Rick also said that he can't wait to see the final product.

In case you're wondering, I sent MZ the color sample below. It's more of a solid, firey grape than a straight-up purple.

s-l1600.jpg