Gibson Brands Forums

Pete Rose Passed

Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

A game that is so slow in recent years there needed to be a pitch clock introduced to speed the game up or else the pitcher would shake off the catchers signs for about 15 min while chewing his cudd. 

So do you think I have never been to a BB game, or seen one on TV. I know exactally what I am missing. 

So let me get this straight, because I have an opinion and can form a though in my own head without the aid of others and since you don't agree with it, its negative. That is BS and you know it, its because its me.  

Only sports I don't like is golf and soccer.... BORING. 

7 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I get that it feels like a ‘life rule,’ and I respect that view.

But when we talk about things like the death penalty or what punishments are just, those are shaped by the laws and policies that come from political decisions.

So even if it feels more like a personal or moral stance, it’s still tied to the political landscape we live in. 

Honestly

i let some political things go as long is nobody is name calling. And the off topic stuff, because some of it is friggin hilarious.

The thing that bothers me is when joining a Gibson forum and when some take any opportunity to publicly vilify the company.... I just find that kinda lame.

19 minutes ago, duane v said:

Honestly

i let some political things go as long is nobody is name calling. And the off topic stuff, because some of it is friggin hilarious.

The thing that bothers me is when joining a Gibson forum and when some take any opportunity to publicly vilify the company.... I just find that kinda lame.

If Phil didn’t step in to say something, you wouldn’t have on you own apologize for it. Remember Duane you’re one of the guys on this forum who can be judge, jury, and executioner. Not many can, so you can damn near say almost anything you want, till a mod with more power steps up.

40 years picking brought up negativity and every time you post anything about your Halloween house and all the stuff you’re doing the trick-or-treaters are always referred to as little brats. That’s positive huh?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If Phil didn’t step in to say something, you wouldn’t have on you own apologize for it. Remember Duane you’re one of the guys on this forum who can be judge, jury, and executioner. Not many can, so you can damn near say almost anything you want, till a mod with more power steps up.

You're wrong.

Being a Moderator is having thick skin and dealing with verbal abuse and attacks on your character while chasing around spammers at 3:00AM. 

2 minutes ago, duane v said:

You're wrong.

Being a Moderator is having thick skin and dealing with verbal abuse and attacks on your character while chasing around spammers at 3:00AM. 

I have thick skin, but I’m not gonna perform a job I don’t get paid for. Maybe Gibson should hire some fresh out of college graduate to hit the delete key on Spam, which is tasty fryed.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

40 years picking brought up negativity and every time you post anything about your Halloween house and all the stuff you’re doing the trick-or-treaters are always referred to as little brats. That’s positive huh?

I don't remember ever posting anything about a Halloween house or referred to trick or treaters as little brats. Maybe you have a better memory than I do.  Or have more difficulty in letting things go.    I have a half dozen grandkids that will be Trick or Treating soon. 

I do remember your posting this 3 days ago over on the Acoustic Forum thread re. Southern Jumbos when someone else pointed out your negativity:

"My Opinions = bad

What you believe = good

Sorry for having a thought in my brain.  Let’s others tell you what to think, I won’t "    

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have thick skin, but I’m not gonna perform a job I don’t get paid for. Maybe Gibson should hire some fresh out of college graduate to hit the delete key on Spam, which is tasty fryed.

Well maybe you can consider starting your own guitar company and run that and the forum the way so see fit. And pay your employees or moderators according to your business model.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, duane v said:

Honestly

Appreciate your perspective, but since political discussions are against the forum rules, it might be best to keep the conversation within those guidelines.

I’m all for a good debate, but rules are there for a reason to keep things fair for everyone.

6 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I don't remember ever posting anything about a Halloween house or referred to trick or treaters as little brats. Maybe you have a better memory than I do.  Or have more difficulty in letting things go.    I have a half dozen grandkids that will be Trick or Treating soon. 

I do remember your posting this 3 days ago over on the Acoustic Forum thread re. Southern Jumbos when someone else pointed out your negativity:

"My Opinions = bad

What you believe = good

Sorry for having a thought in my brain.  Let’s others tell you what to think, I won’t "    

You didn’t. You posted that sometimes it gets negative here. But because I - see what I did, I took ownership of my statement - post my opinion it is taken as negativity. Take it any way you want it’s my opinion and I own it.

1 minute ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Appreciate your perspective, but since political discussions are against the forum rules, it might be best to keep the conversation within those guidelines.

I’m all for a good debate, but rules are there for a reason to keep things fair for everyone.

Well if I barked out every rule that was bent or broken I would have no voice and 60% of the threads would be locked.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Your call, obviously.   But I think this issue - is more moral and ethical  than political.  Certainly it could open the discussion to 'politics',  but it seems nowadays EVERYTHING is only two steps away from being political.   Halloween...  Rosewood bans... guitars made in China.    I'd wait until someone actually injected a politician, a party or a clearly partisan point of view.  But that's me, and I don't have any plans of starting up a new guitar company. 

In retrospect, since Duane is a moderator, I probably should have sent my comment to him via PM instead of posting it in public. While I still think his comment was leaning in a political direction and could have led to further OT political discussion, I wasn't trying to harass or embarrass him, and if I did, then I sincerely apologize.  Again, that certainly wasn't my intention.