Gibson Brands Forums

again for those who haven't heard

ninety1vee

Man, that sucks, and I'm not saying this because I don't like you, and I don't. I say it so that you guys can get your act together and play as you should.

LMFAO at 1:05 ... learn to play ****ing idiots

Man' date=' that sucks, and I'm not saying this because I don't like you, and I don't. I say it so that you guys can get your act together and play as you should.

LMFAO at 1:05 ... learn to play ****ing idiots[/quote']

and what happens at 1:05 that's so horrid?

p.s. i don't see you here putting your nuts on the line...

WOW !! now THATS rockin.

back off the drum volume just a hair.......

I've heard much worse on albums that went multi-platinum.

I'm not really "into" speedmetal, but you definitely have the chops.....

Work hard, you'll get where you want to go.

Sorry about my earlier comment, as mr guitarest stated it was rude, and I have to admit I was only kidding, I know 90V doesn't like me so I was pulilng his string...

Now if you still want my opinion, SELL YOUR GEAR AND GET ANOTHER JOB NOW while you are still young... you have no future as a musician, nor do your friends. You are wasting your time, and you should refrain from it.

Just kidding... the song was good, and as mr guitarest said, the only thingh that can and, may I ad, should be improved upon, is the recording quality, but guiding by your recent post you guys are already into it.

Best of wishes, and keep it up.

WOW !! now THATS rockin.

back off the drum volume just a hair.......

I've heard much worse on albums that went multi-platinum.

I'm not really "into" speedmetal' date=' but you definitely have the chops.....

Work hard, you'll get where you want to go.[/quote']

thanks man,

i guess the only solution to the drum volume with our current recorder is to crank the amps louder

thanks man' date='

i guess the only solution to the drum volume with our current recorder is to crank the amps louder[/quote']

Another solution (or 2) would be more distance between the drums and drum mics, and/or sponge or felt mutes on the mics.

Another solution (or 2) would be more distance between the drums and drum mics' date=' and/or sponge or felt mutes on the mics.[/quote']

we don't have mics, we have an mp3 player with a voice recorder, what you here is basically "live"

I've had some really good luck recording our impromptu jams on a tascam portastudio. I picked mine up at a pawn shop for $30, so they're not too unreasonable. My portable rig consists of the portastudio, one of those MXL condenser mic 2-packs, and a Behringer tube mic preamp/phantom power. The grand total of the package was less than $200. We usually just put a mic in the drum corner, and have all the amps against a wall. We point the smaller mic at the drums from overhead, and the bigger one is rigged to the ceiling on a shock mount. You guys could just start out with the portastudio or something similar - at least that way you can control the volume. That's my only suggestion, really. Like the others said, the talent is there, the recording quality just needs a little help.

Hmmmm The drums don't bother me.... The bass could be more present though but thats the hardest thing for a small condenser mic to pick up... If you make your drums big and present with good tonal quality and put a fat bass on top of that you guys will sound great.... Record company material....! Polish it up get a singer and you guys are somking!!!!

Sounds pretty good. I do agree about the drums. They are just a tad harsh, but then I know the drums in the clips I posted come out that way too. Ours was just recorded live from a video camera.

I wish more of us would post some of our clips, no matter how good they are. I mean, if we were all "real" professional musicians, I'm sure we'd have our music readilly available through other means =P~

Archived