Gibson Brands Forums

re: Pickup covers

Andre S

I know that this has probably been covered countless times, but it never seemed to help. I want to take off my covers on my 08 studio for pure looks.

I reached as far in theory that I have to remove the pickup from the cavity and dremel through the solder bits, two on the underside of each pup.

NOW WHAT????

My guitar store guy said that to remove it you have to unscrew the pole pieces and literally seperate the whole pickup? I was like huh??? to take off the cover??? so what do I do after the solder bits are off? plz anyone?

Umm for about $50-60 you can get some Seymour Duncans or DiMarzzios. Double that at least for WB's. There is no crime to use non-Gibson PuPs.

Ya but why spend the $ if you like the pups you already have and it's a simple and quick change.

I don't get it. Why would you want to take off the covers? For the looks?

Better to write a few new songs in the time it'll take to remove your covers.

Invite a girlfriend over and get her under the covers after you play her the new song you wrote just for her *wink*.

Learn a couple of "cover" songs and absorb something new into your guitar playing abilities.

Rip open the cover of a 12 pack of brews and throw some meat on the barbie and play that guitar, covers and all, while you drink a cold one while the meat cooks.

I don't get it. Why would you want to take off the covers? For the looks?

Better to write a few new songs in the time it'll take to remove your covers.

Invite a girlfriend over and get her under the covers after you play her the new song you wrote just for her *wink*.

Learn a couple of "cover" songs and absorb something new into your guitar playing abilities.

Rip open the cover of a 12 pack of brews and throw some meat on the barbie and play that guitar' date=' covers and all, while you drink a cold one while the meat cooks. [/quote']

Eye've done but Eye got some pups Eye really wanted and at a too good price but they were gold. And they didn't match. Plus Eye like the look as well.

Archived