Gibson Brands Forums

Any of you guys play music at church?

Basshole

Wow' date=' thats fantastic. We rotate bassists and lead singers but me and the drummer are always there. I'll bet you guys sound fantastic with all those extra musicians. We have anywhere from 80-150 at our services. You?[/quote']

about the same!

You don't happen to go to the same church I do?

It's good having all those musicans, everyone can take a diffrent spin on a song. Most of them have graduated with some type of musical degree.

I married one!

Yeah' date=' I played for awhile but I don't like the contemporary Christian stuff.

Pop music, too fluffy.

I like traditional stuff at church and rock on my guitar.[/quote']

Lucky man neo,

I enjoy playing for the worship of God, no doubt.

I like "most" new comptempary christian songs.

But most of it is just "coil tapped, Strat in the middle postion, Super Chorus/Phazer/Flager/Delayed Twang out of my mind" sound

I really like the older hymn type songs, those are cool. More country blues kinda deal.

I am actually the church organist and I've been updating a lot of the church music (Finale is a great piece of software). Of course it's not like playing jazz piano' date=' which I did for many years in my youth, but it forces me to at least play my piano these days.[/quote']

What a fantastic job!

WOW=p~ :) :)

Wicked,

That sounds great fun too!

Matt

As a longtime member of the Worlwide Church Of God, I've been playing in church for over 40 years, whenever I've been asked to--either as a a solo or ensemble performer, or as an accompanyist for another performer. I'm a full time professional player, but I'll cheerfully donate my services to the Lord and His work anytime.

Music is truly a gift from God, and it's good to share it in spreading the Gospel message, and for the joy it brings to people.

Faithfully,

Bill Turner

Old Bridge NJ[/img]

Archived