Gibson Brands Forums

Ah, Saudi justice

heymisterk

You do remember that your hero Obonga, BOWED to the King of Saudi Arabia? The President of the United States, the elected leader of a free people, for the first time in American history, bowed to a dictator...That should cause us all to pause and think.

You do remember that your hero Obonga' date=' BOWED to the King of Saudi Arabia? The President of the United States, the elected leader of a free people, for the first time in American history, bowed to a dictator...That should cause us all to pause and think.[/quote']

He also shook hands with Hugo Chavez and is using restraint regarding North Korea.

Good. Restraint has been a foreign concept since '00.

He also shook hands with Hugo Chavez and is using restraint regarding North Korea.

Good. Restraint has been a foreign concept since '00.

Shaking hands with someone is WAAAAAAY different than bowing to them...For the President of the United States to allow himself to be used as propaganda for tyrants is freakin ridiculous. Obonga bowed to the king, there is a reason why that's wrong and I'm not surprised that you can't see that. Chavez made obonga look like a tool, he even got obonga to hold his little anti-American book...what a dufus.

Shaking hands with someone is WAAAAAAY different than bowing to them...For the President of the United States to allow himself to be used as propaganda for tyrants is freakin ridiculous. Obonga bowed to the king' date=' there is a reason why that's wrong and I'm not surprised that you can't see that. Chavez made obonga look like a tool, he even got obonga to hold his little anti-American book...what a dufus.[/quote']

Wow! Conspiracy! All those pictures of Dubaya hanging out with the Royal Family.

Well it was all a lie/ ain't it funny how time FLIES!

Wow! Conspiracy! All those pictures of Dubaya hanging out with the Royal Family.

Well it was all a lie/ ain't it funny how time FLIES!

Hanging out is DIFFERENT than bowing. Bowing is a sign of obedience and deference. Ask yourself this: if Obama so sincerely thinks OIL is bad and wants to do away with ANYBODY using oil, why bow to the king of Saudi Arabia?

Why allow the king to have so much power over the presidency of the US? NO OTHER president has EVER bowed to a king.

It is crazy that libs think this is perfectly ok.

if Obama so sincerely thinks OIL is bad and wants to do away with ANYBODY using oil' date='

[/quote']

Eye think it's crazy that you take everything to such extremes

Hanging out is DIFFERENT than bowing. Bowing is a sign of obedience and deference. Ask yourself this: if Obama so sincerely thinks OIL is bad and wants to do away with ANYBODY using oil' date=' why bow to the king of Saudi Arabia?

Why allow the king to have so much power over the presidency of the US? NO OTHER president has EVER bowed to a king.

[/quote']

I think it's crazy that you take this customary Middle Eastern practice and give it such significance. When I was in Japan, people bowed to me and I bowed to them. So what.

And what is a "lib." Liberace? Liberty? Liberian?

Eye think its crazy that you cant see what kind of message this sends the world.

The president of the united states showing obedience to a dictator.

Eye was referring to his comment that Obama wants no one to use any oil That freak'n silly he wants to find alternatives for our future. But hay if you think we should just stick with oil have a good time with your car when you cant afford it. Oh ya we should isolate ourselves from those with it to and call them EVIL maybe they will respect us and lower the price.

245d3bt.jpg

Classic.

Apparently some people on this forum truly believe the equivalent of a handshake somehow interferes with our standing in the world.

If America were in a high school yearbook, it probably wouldn't get the title, "Most Likely To Kick Your ***" anymore.

And I think that's good. Yes, we could - and we should never give that up.

But we shouldn't flaunt it either. No one likes a bully.

Bowing to a leader from a country where bowing is seen as the equivilant as shaking hands is *not* showing weakness. In many Asian countries (as well as others) bowing is simply a form of greeting. It is not a sign of deference. Good god....GWB practically kissed the hand of the enemy. We knew that most of the hijackers from 9/11 were Saudis, but it didn't stop him from bowing to the Saudi rulers. So why is bowing or shaking hands with a ruler such a huge insult when a Democrat does it?

NO president of the US has EVER bowed to a foreign despot or royal...It's never happened in our entire history...Bowing is not the same as shaking hands. Bush's holding hands with the saudi king is COMMON practice in the middle east and a sign of friendship, BOWING in the middle east is a sign of subserviance.

The entire free world depends on the free flow of oil from Saudi Arabia, this has been true since the '40s and it has been the stated and acted upon policy of ALL US presidents to defend the oil fields...If you doubt it, look it up...here I'll help you.

http://meria.idc.ac.il/journal/2002/issue3/jv6n3a7.html#Josh%20Pollack

This is just one of thousands of links that show the same thing...anybody ever read "The Prize" by Daniel Yergin? It's a pullitzer prize winning book on the history of oil...it's worth a read and it's non-political.

Mick, are you going to be pulling your travel trailer with a prious?

Watch the video it's nothing. He didn't get down on his knee a kiss his ring.

You guys act like Political Hypochondriacs. No different than having a headache and thinking for sure it's brain cancer.

=D> =D> =D>

No but Eye'm not the one making extreme statements that have very little truth.

Please show me and explain to me what I said that has "very little truth to it"...Show me where I was wrong and I'll apologize.

http://francona.blogspot.com/2009/04/on-saudi-customs-bowing-kissing-and.html

Why didn't obama bow to the queen of England? She and her country are our long time ally and the Queen of England isn't a despot.

Hanging out is DIFFERENT than bowing. Bowing is a sign of obedience and deference. Ask yourself this: if Obama so sincerely thinks OIL is bad and wants to do away with ANYBODY using oil' date=' why bow to the king of Saudi Arabia?

[/quote']

Not you KSG but this that Obama just wants to do away with anyone using oil its asinine

Eye reckon the posts got a bit mixed. Believe it or not Eye actually have a lot of respect for you. Eye don't agree with you on a lot but hay.

Not you KSG but this that Obama just wants to do away with anyone using oil its asinine

Eye reckon the posts got a bit mixed. Believe it or not Eye actually have a lot of respect for you. Eye don't agree with you on a lot but hay.

I have a lot of respect for you as well Mick, and I appreciate you saying that. If we ever meet in the real world, first beer is on me.

Archived