Gibson Brands Forums

Ah, Saudi justice

heymisterk

You do remember that your hero Obonga' date=' BOWED to the King of Saudi Arabia? The President of the United States, the elected leader of a free people, for the first time in American history, bowed to a dictator...That should cause us all to pause and think.[/quote']

Bowing to get what you want is the American way, Americans are known world wide for kissing *** when necessary.

Obama bowed. Apparently some of you think it's a major threat to our national security' date=' or at the very least, a blow to our image as Major A$$-Kickers.

Bush did this.

You be the judge.[/quote']

Uhhh..... what point are you trying to make?

What would you have prefered them to do' date=' rehabliltate this guy? Some crimes are so heinous they deserve nothing less.[/quote']

No, I would not prefer that; I was simply offering a bit of gallows humor to my conservative friends on here. Lighten up.

And this is better?

513.jpg

Jiminy christmas cdntac! Do some research and you'll see that holding hands in the middle east is a common sign of friendship and equality...Bowing is a sign of subservience!

It's really not that hard to understand...The ELECTED president of the US, represents a FREE people and has NEVER bowed to foreign royalty. That's part of what our revolution was about.

I'll ask again...Why did Obama bow to the Saudi King but shake hands with Queen Elizabeth? WTF?

Maybe it's a sign of friendship in the Middle East but on the White House lawn....that's just gay dude. :-$

However, I only posted that pic to prove a point.

There's a ton of different protocols all over the world. The problem with politics is that people who are fanatical (on either side of the political spectrum) will stop at nothing to prove/disprove that (insert leader's name here) did something good or bad --- depending on how they feel about that particular person.

Right wingers are going to rant and rant for the next four years about every single perceived slight or wrongdoing that Obama does ---- just as left wing fanatics did about Bush Jr over the last eight years.

It's all rather juvenile and stupid IMO......

Right wingers are going to rant and rant for the next four years about every single perceived slight or wrongdoing that Obama does ---- just as left wing fanatics did about Bush Jr over the last eight years.

I'll do my best not to disappoint.....

:-

Maybe it's a sign of friendship in the Middle East but on the White House lawn....that's just gay dude. :-

However' date=' I only posted that pic to prove a point.

There's a ton of different protocols all over the world. The problem with politics is that people who are fanatical (on either side of the political spectrum) will stop at nothing to prove/disprove that (insert leader's name here) did something good or bad --- depending on how they feel about that particular person.

It's all rather juvenile and stupid IMO......

[/quote']

+1000

Jiminy christmas cdntac! Do some research and you'll see that holding hands in the middle east is a common sign of friendship and equality...Bowing is a sign of subservience!

It's really not that hard to understand...The ELECTED president of the US' date=' represents a FREE people and has NEVER bowed to foreign royalty. That's part of what our revolution was about.

I'll ask again...Why did Obama bow to the Saudi King but shake hands with Queen Elizabeth? WTF?[/quote']

I don't know, KSG; I'm not the President of the United States. Why don't you write him? Me thinks you already have a pretty good idea as to why he bowed, so why wasted your time?

What I've discovered about KSG and Neo and some other people is that talking to you is just futile. No matter what a liberal or progressive or Democrat argues, it's going to be wrong. If Obama goes down as the greatest president since Abe Lincoln, you'll find a way to bash him and find plenty of nutty websites to support your extremist right-wing viewpoint that masquerades as real, honest-to-gosh facts.

Even I'm willing to give Bush credit: I love the Do-Not-Call list; it's his crowning domestic achievement.

This is why I find these forums so maddening: I post a simple link to an article that I think many of us would find interesting and entertaining, and KSG turns it into (yet another) recall vote for Obama.

And I love David Brooks. Just saying.

Archived