Gibson Brands Forums

Usually this is my favorite time of the month...

wicked1

cause I get to stick Homz with sharp pointy objects. (Vitamin B-12 injections, but it's the thought that counts). But do I get that pleasure today? Nope. I was feeling kinda shaky and he ended up giving me my shot instead. He's never given an injection before, so I had to talk him through it. I don't know why I let him continue after he asked me how deep to stick the needle and how hard it was to break through the skin....

I have to give myself an injection of Interferon Beta 1a (Avonex) intramuscular every week, usually on Fridays. It sucks giving shots to yourself or others...But I have learned about the beveled edge on the needle, if you get it right going in, there's very little feeling to the stick...

I have to give myself an injection of Interferon Beta 1a (Avonex) intramuscular every week' date=' usually on Fridays. It sucks giving shots to yourself or others...But I have learned about the beveled edge on the needle, if you get it right going in, there's very little feeling to the stick...[/quote']

Yeah, I always manage to bruise myself no matter what I do. Never have that problem with him. Maybe it's because I use his arm, but it's hard to contort yourself to use your own arm. First time I had to give myself an injection was post-op blood thinners. I used to put the needle right on my skin and look away.

Why do you take shots of B 12?

We no longer are capable of getting it from our food, so we have to supplement. I tried the sublingual stuff, but it smelled like dog food to me. So I had the dr show me how to give myself the shots.

We no longer are capable of getting it from our food' date=' so we have to supplement. I tried the sublingual stuff, but it smelled like dog food to me. So I had the dr show me how to give myself the shots. [/quote']

We as in everybody or just you and Homz?

Is this a result from repressed conservative views? Go ahead and let-em out!:)

Yes, it's all part of a vast right wing conspiracy to cause pernicious anemia. That's why they call it "pernicious."

Archived