Gibson Brands Forums

You guys and gals must be soo tired of hearing

Andre S

about the different guitars I have GAS for. First the LP Traditional, then the Gibson Sg then the es 339 and then an R8, and now finally I've decided. Thanks for listening, although half the posts with my GAS stories are gone with the Forum Crash.

I was on the traditional first, but I didn't really get the vibe that I would like the guitar like I did for my Gibson Les Paul Studio or martin OM-1. But I am getting the vibe from the Gibson SG Standard with an aftermarket Maestro. this comes from looking at GuitarJunkies avatar ( thanks Junkie) and the picture below.

Gibson_SG_Angus_Young_2.jpg

My GAS is bubbling again.

And now, boys and girls, you know why Gibson, (and Carvin, Mesa, ect.) spend money to keep these forums open....

They know, we just can't TAKE IT..................................

:D/

Murph.

Junkie cost me several grand last year.....

But I turned it around' date=' and nailed rocketman......

It's a club.......

Welcome.....

Murph.[/quote']

Its a honor to join, lol, but seriously, Junkie's SG, like wow!, it was hard to resist a maestro equipped SG after seeing his and the one above, although I keep thinking it would look better with half a PG, but I cant do that mod.

Just pick a guitar and stick with it. lol

For what it's worth' date=' I think the R8 is by far the best guitar you've mentioned.[/quote']

I know it is, and a used one for around $2500? That can't be beat, but, I do need a new amp, and there's a limit I'm willing to spend on gear.... With a Line 6 Spider 3, and great guitars, equals bad to mediocre sound. Need a better amp, for sure.

I will get a Historic somday, but as my original post said, I just don't feel the love for any LP's that I can afford.

Later, I know I will....But not yet....

Just pick a guitar and stick with it. lol

For what it's worth' date=' I think the R8 is by far the best guitar you've mentioned.[/quote']

But hey, Tim, at least I kept it within a group of guitars, I just kept jumping from one to the other in the group...lol :D/

Nothing to be sorry about. Those are awesome as well. Just don't care for the headstock artwork. But I could get over that given the rest of the guitar.

I meant Sorry about giving you the GAS part, by the way. Just making sure you knew what I was talking about, before people start to think I babble on about randomness...lol

Yea' date=' you nearly had me sold on the 339 too, nearly...[/quote']

If you don't play one, you'll never know........

Just sayin'.......

There is another World beyond the "Les Paul" groupies..........

Hey, some people like 335's......

I'm a huge fan of SG's.......

If you don't play one' date=' you'll never know........

Just sayin'.......

There is another World beyond the "Les Paul" groupies..........

Hey, some people like 335's......

I'm a huge fan of SG's.......

[/quote']

I've never played a mesa.

Its a honor to join' date=' lol, but seriously, Junkie's SG, like wow!, it was hard to resist a maestro equipped SG after seeing his and the one above, although I keep thinking it would look better with half a PG, but I cant do that mod.[/quote']

Does'nt Neoconman have a 61 RI with a maestro.....it has the small guard........there's a whole thread on the maestro somewhere

That doesn't look like a Standard. That has an ABR-1 bridge and witchhat knobs. And the Standard has bevels that are usually a little deeper than that.

Standards are really sweet though.

Keep in mind that if you put a Maestro on it you will have the stop bar holes peeking out.

That doesn't look like a Standard. That has an ABR-1 bridge and witchhat knobs. And the Standard has bevels that are usually a little deeper than that.

Standards are really sweet though.

Keep in mind that if you put a Maestro on it you will have the stop bar holes peeking out.

angus young sig

Archived