Gibson Brands Forums

broke, but GASsin for a page doubleneck

DAS has said something intelligent...

Jesse' date=' you are stupid, nobody needs a doubleneck, let alone one with a bunch of scrathces and a couple of uncovered pickups that costs 8k more...

You are stupid

kthxbai[/quote']

ROFL! [-o<

Do you like the EDS you have now? I mean would you honestly say it's a great guitar?

I'm only saying this 'cause you say you're broke...

It seems rather silly to sell a perfectly good (or great) EDS for one a different simply because Page's name is on it.

I mean, what are the differences? I know that the strings on Page's go directly into the body but what else?

Pickups maybe? Neck profile? Big deal. Seems like you already have what you're looking for.

More than happy with my lowly Custom Shop EDS-1275.

It's purty and it shines!

3377450201_7c6aacb2f7.jpg

My dealer still had a Page hanging in his store a year after he got it.

No way I'd trade mine for that one.

Honestly, I don't think I'd do it straight across for the same money.

It seems rather silly to sell a perfectly good (or great) EDS for one a different simply because Page's name is on it.

I mean' date=' what are the differences? I know that the strings on Page's go directly into the body but what else?

Pickups maybe? Neck profile? Big deal. Seems like you already have what you're looking for.[/quote']

This is the guy that sold

"The best guitar he had ever heard"

because the inlays and fretboard were not vintage correct...

Sorry Jesse I didn't see your post... Your EDS looks very nice and I'm sure has tons of impact when you pick it up or walk on stage with it so I'm not sure if it would be worth the extra bucks. I have to agree with Tim except for the fact that the strings don't go into the body of the guitar#-o . The stop bar is just positioned lower down the body of the guitar which is supposed to make the strings more flexable for bending and more sustain. The pick ups are JP pupps as well and the tuners are double line double ring Klusons. You should try to find one and play it to see if it's really worth it to you.....

As you look at this photo picture the sound of a chorus of angles singing....:-

DSC01834-4.jpg

After you guys get through looking at a picture of a Page double-neck and listening to angels sing' date=' how about looking at THIS picture of angels listening to Page play?...

[img']http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/MrNatural/Angels.jpg[/img]

Damn, missed the picture of the angeles and i always wondered what they looked like....#-o

This is the guy that sold

"The best guitar he had ever heard"

because the inlays and fretboard were not vintage correct...

Oh right' date=' the guitar that was older than him wasn't vintage enough...

this doubleneck aint as good as my last doubleneck' date=' though it is nice compared to other gibson guitars[/quote']

So, why did you sell the last one?

Don't tell me because it wasn't red??

I've never sold a guitar for a worst guitar.

however' date=' it isnt vintage correct, the inlays, tuners, nickle parts, and knobs arnt vintage correct specifiactions! 8D[/quote']

Sorry dude, but vintage correctness is completely retarded. I can understand some 50 or 60 year old trying to relive his youth by seeking a vintage or vintage correct guitar but it sounds silly coming from a 19/20 year old. You didn't grow up in that era, you don't have that connection to the past like they do. That's the whole appeal with vintage guitars - baby boomers with tons of money trying to hold onto their past.

Oh right' date=' the guitar that was older than him wasn't vintage enough...[/quote']

vintage compared to late 50s specs

So' date=' why did you sell the last one?

Don't tell me because it wasn't red??

I've never sold a guitar for a worst guitar.[/quote']

because it wasnt red, and it was also alot heavier then this one

Sorry dude' date=' but vintage correctness is completely retarded. I can understand some 50 or 60 year old trying to relive his youth by seeking a vintage or vintage correct guitar but it sounds silly coming from a 19/20 year old. You didn't grow up in that era, you don't have that connection to the past like they do. That's the whole appeal with vintage guitars - baby boomers with tons of money trying to hold onto their past.[/quote']

sorry dude, but guys who have a bunch of guitars, and dont play regularly seems retarded to me:-"

but seriously, its your money, do as you wish, I just buy guitars that my heros would have used 50 years ago

I play a guitar everyday, dude...and I bought them because I love the guitars, not because some guy in his 60s played them year ago. :-

You had a white EDS, right?...and you sold it because it wasn't red? WOW!! White looks 10 times better.

I'm just giving you a hard time, somebody has to. =P~

White EDSs do look better, though...

Archived