Gibson Brands Forums

My new sg

angustonedog

Hello, i am new her so i want to say hi. I am getting a 2003 Gibson SG Special next tuesday and i was wondering what the exact neck profile probably is. I am buying it through craiglist, it comes with an skb case. I am very excited though, i have always wanted an SG! Also since the instrument is 6 years old is it worth any more or not really?#-o/

Hello' date=' i am new her so i want to say hi. I am getting a 2003 Gibson SG Special next tuesday and i was wondering what the exact neck profile probably is. I am buying it through craiglist, it comes with an skb case. I am very excited though, i have always wanted an SG! Also since the instrument is 6 years old is it worth any more or not really?#-o/ [/quote']

Do you know why it is coming with an aftermarket case?

Not really' date=' if i remember right don't specials come with gigbags anyways? So i look at the case as a plus.[/quote']

Yeah, I bet you're right. The previous owner probably upgraded from the gigbag to the SKB.

Also, welcome to the forum, and you have to post some pics of your new axe once you get it.

Cheers

Not really' date=' if i remember right don't specials come with gigbags anyways? So i look at the case as a plus.[/quote']

Never thought of that...Just curious. If you ever get a guitar on the bay that should have an original case, beware of the reasons why.

Enjoy the Axe...Now the hard part.........Waiting for the stork to bring it.

the anticipation is killing me!!' date=' the only downside is that there is some belt rash on the back side, however it does not go through the finish. i know that i means that it was played and not just boxed up. it will be worn in.[/quote']

Belt rash = "Mojo"

Enjoy the new ax! :-$

Actually when i got it the guy almost never cleaned it...it was nasty. Yay for the dunlop 65 kit!

That stuff rules. About 6 months ago, I got the LP Special in my avatar used off a guy. He didn't take care of his either. I used that same polish to clean most of the crud and gunk off the body.

PS, cool SG special man. Enjoy it. =D>

why? i do have an Emg h3 on hand' date=' the pickups sound ok in the guitar[/quote']

I believe they are equipped with 490R/490T pickups.

Less power output than standard pickups. If you are fine with your tone then never mind. Les Paul himself would argue for low output. If you want to push your amp harder though, your gonna want higher output. It all depends on your style of play.

I am NOT one to advise EMG (active) pickups.

I just know that if I ever got a "Special". I would put a 498T at the bridge.

Archived