Gibson Brands Forums

John 5

Thundergod

Don't you think it's about time he starts using gibson guitars?

Those fender john 5 teles are kind of cool but the headstock on some of them are ugly... he plays really good and should use gibbies... SGs and explorers would look good with his color scheme (black with all chrome including chrome pickguard) but the guitar that would really compliment him would be a (puts flame suit on) black firebird with all chrome hardware including chrome mini hums and chrome pickguard.

Just sayin'

Hi thundergod

You would think he would like the nice chunky Gibson sound, but I suppose the Tele also delivers a nice twang that the Gibson can't.I can imagine him changing to Gretsch one day though.

John 5 is one of my favourites of the current shredder guitarists. Nice 'off the wall' individuality that i haven't heard since Frank Zappa!

Matt

Don't you think it's about time he starts using gibson guitars?

Not gonna happen man, he has a huge collection of vintage Teles and is so influenced by country that I don't see him switching. Plus using a Tele makes him different in the metal world so that is also a factor.

I am sure you have seen his studio tour where he shows his Telecasters.

John 5' date=' like all other players of his calibur and tallent, will eventually find something else to stoke the fires of his creative muse.

For now it's the Telecaster. Who knows what the future holds?[/quote']

Very true but my guess is that it is going to be a while.

Bad habits die hard but fetishes die harder...

Not gonna happen man' date=' he has a huge collection of vintage Teles and is so influenced by country that I don't see him switching. Plus using a Tele makes him different in the metal world so that is also a factor.

I am sure you have seen his studio tour where he shows his Telecasters.

[/quote']

Yes, he owns almost every single model of telecaster that fender has put out throughout history. I remember he said one he's only missing one and he's found 2 of that model/year but they weren't in mint condition so he passed.

While I like me my Gibsons' date=' I'm kind of fond of my Tele, too.

What's wrong with that?[/quote']

I love my teles too... (I think I love one of them more than all the others put together) but I'd love to see him play a john 5 firebird, or at least to be able to order a black firebird with all chrome and be able to "let him try it" at least once.

Archived